cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Something to be said about stand-alone furniture

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't like it ... change it! And you don't have to tear anything up to do so!

Before photo of stand-alone rocker chairs and free standing table in 12 foot slide out.

So when the furniture is removed, it's almost enough room to go roller skating in!

When the new comes it, it's soooooo easy!

OK, so we gave up 2 rocker chairs and the table and 4 chairs. Actually, we took two of the kitchen chairs out the day we bought the camper. But the table has been nothing but a catch-all for nothing but "stuff" piled high and a glorified table the cat eats off of. We never use the table, and we use small folding tables instead, or eat outside.

Here's the new couch. At least we have somewhere comfy enough a 3rd person can sleep in the camper. It's so comfortable, and it's also the 2 recliners! Really sweet!

3 REPLIES 3

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
wrgrs50s wrote:
... How did you manage yours?

The 3 backs come off, which makes the main body of the couch only 24 inches high. My door is 24 inches, it just fits.

The couch is slightly longer than my door so had to go in at an angle,(from the ground up), as the door is about 3 feet higher than the ground, this was easy! ... and then it had to turn toward the back. The secret was to get one end in the door and then raise it straight up. The ceiling was plenty high. Once it just cleared the door, then it would turn on end, then it could lay down. There is nice space right inside the door that allowed this to happen.

There was one point when the guys at the store almost gave up. But I kept insisting it WOULD go. Well, that one extra "shove" and it passed right in. Phew! I was worried for a few moments they would give up. The couch is heavy, way to heavy for only 1 person. No way I could have done it alone.

Here's the floor plan, you'll see why this was possible when you look at the configuration inside the door.

It was funny then, the two guys that helped load the couch were both inside the camper and didn't want to leave! We must have talked for 30 minutes about everything under the sun! They really enjoyed being in there. We all sat down and talked a while!

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
I like the idea of the larger couch, but am concerned as to how to get one in my door. How did you manage yours?
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
looks more comfortable and very homey the new way! Very tastefully done!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992