cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who's idea was it?

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Who came up with the 5 inch fence post and rain gutter hose storage idea? I did search but give me the short cut to who came up with it. Was it Westend? ๐Ÿ™‚
22 REPLIES 22

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
I copied mine too. That's the beauty of these forums, lots of great ideas! I hold mine in place with long 3/16" bolts, bolted through the frame lip.
2016 Montana 3790RD, Legacy Edition, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
I invented the concept in 1892 before there where travel trailers. We use to use them on covered wagons ๐Ÿ™‚

Well then yer the guy I want to thank cuz yer a hell of a human!!!
This is neater and sweeter than a.....well never mind, lets just move on.

It is an excellent idea and I like it far better than the round tubes that are made for RV's. The dang twist lock cover is a terrible idea, especially when it gets a little dirt on it

Too bad I couldn't get it closer to the drain fitting

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I invented the concept in 1892 before there where travel trailers. We use to use them on covered wagons ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

westend
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:
Who came up with the 5 inch fence post and rain gutter hose storage idea? I did search but give me the short cut to who came up with it. Was it Westend? ๐Ÿ™‚
Nope, I copied others. My brain is in a fog today so memory cells have shut down to power other functions but, IIRC, forum member C.B. was on the ground floor of development.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
dtappy3353 wrote:
downtheroad....how and what did you strap the post to?

Would it be possible to share a few more pics of your awesome installation?

Thank you for the idea. Looks great!

I used industrial strength zip ties..from Home Depot. (like the ones used as handcuffs). I used about 8-10 of them and strapped the fence post to a frame cross member near the dump valve. The zip ties have a 300 lb each rating.

The latches are spring latches secured with short pop rivets.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad....how and what did you strap the post to?

Would it be possible to share a few more pics of your awesome installation?

Thank you for the idea. Looks great!

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I got the basic idea here...the design variations have evolved over time. Here is mine...some of it original, some of it borrowed.
Bottom line, it's a great mod no matter how you modify the basic idea to fit your needs.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
rjxj wrote:

Look at this search. SEWER HOSE STORAGE