cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2007 Desert Fox 24AS Ramp Hinge

wolverine68
Explorer
Explorer
I have a broken hinge on the ramp door of my 2007 Desert Fox 24AS which I bought new in 2009. I've contacted Northwood and they were of no help identifying the parts I need. I've contacted Lippert and they say that they need information from the label on the frame of my ramp door. I've checked mine and a friend's 24AS and neither have a label. I would like to replace the entire assembly but I'm not sure which springs ??????? I need. I have 4 springs with 15 coils each. Has anyone dealt with this before?

04 Chev LLY Duramax
07 Desert Fox 24AS Toyhauler
Bikes and quads to fill the toyhauler
6 REPLIES 6

Y-Guy
@wolverine68 sorry wasn't of more help, but hopefully gives you some direction. Best of luck!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

wolverine68
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Yguy. That gentleman seemed pretty knowledgeable. Ultimately he did not know where to source the same springs, but he did provide an educated guess as to which springs to use.
04 Chev LLY Duramax

Y-Guy
I camped with a couple friends that had DF Toy Haulers the really big 5er and one about the size of your rig. I'm disappointed that Northwood wouldn't be of more help.

If you were in Idaho, as your plate suggested I'd say contact Drakes RV Repair in Pendleton Oregon (541-278-8170), but from Alberta that probably isn't worth it. At the time I used them they had repair teams that had worked for all the manufacturers in the area including Northwood, Fleetwood and Keystone, they might be worth a call for advice/direction.

Here is an older thread that might be helpful, talks about a spring manufacturer called Holmes Springs now called IDC Spring

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

wolverine68
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!!
04 Chev LLY Duramax

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
wolverine68 wrote:
Unsuccessfully trying to upload pictures lol.

google rv.net photo posting

wolverine68
Explorer
Explorer
Unsuccessfully trying to upload pictures lol.
04 Chev LLY Duramax