cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Keystone Sprinter

pipeliner90
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone, I know I'm newly register here but I have look at the forums all he time but I'm here today to try to find out some information. I currently have a 2012 Raven and I got an offer from a dealer that I can't turn down and I'm looking at getting a 2015 sprinter and I was wondering how are the new sprinters holding up condition wise and how is it living full time? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

pipeliner90
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah that's what caught my eye on the sprinter since it is 4 seasons. But I don't want it if it's gonna be a headache.

therink
Explorer
Explorer
If you are seriously thinking about full-timing, I would consider a 4 season rig. Based on your budget, have you considered buying a lightly used 1 or 2 year old model? Sometimes people get in over their heads, death in family, health problems, etc and this usually benefits the buyer.
If you go this route I would stay away from dealers and recommend private sellers through rv trailer, craigslist, etc. There usually is no factory warranty on a used unit and at least buying from the owner and you can at least size up the owner and tell if they actually took care of it or not. Most dealers just want to move used units and don't really care how they have been maintained other than the tire shine they apply when you take delivery.
My 2 cents. Good luck.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

pipeliner90
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help! I'm not sure yet on whether to go with a sprinter. Because I don't want it to turn into a money pit if I'm full timing. What would yall recommend as far as full time fifth wheels in a 30-45k money range?

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a 2005 Keystone Sprinter Copper Canyon and four season in the PNW. Been out to the mid 20's and no issues, us a little more propane than we would like, but have a plan to add a little more insulation in some areas
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

therink
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned two Keystone products and have been happy with both. The Sprinter line is on the lower end of Keystone products, and not sure I would want to full time in that level considering R values and overall durability for full time use. I don't believe the warranty is valid for full timing with the sprinter. Check the Keystone Sprinter warranty fine print before you proceed. You may also may want to check out the Keystone owners forum here: Clicky . This is a privately run forum and not associated with the Keystone company.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.