cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3791RD information

whitneykt
Explorer
Explorer
We have been looking for almost a year for an RV to go full time in this year . . hopefully by July 23rd. After all that time, we have FINALLY narrowed it down to 6 5th Wheels. One of them being the 3791RD. We are hoping to finalize our choice within the next week or two. We got a contract on the house, option period is up on the 19th and we're putting a deposit on an apartment to be held until the 1st of April. BUT, if we can make our decision before that and get it purchased (hopefully not having to order one), then we'll get it and move straight in the RV even tho we have commitments here until July.

If you have . . . or have had . . . this model, can you tell me some pros and cons about it? Any information you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated. Here are a few questions that I do have some concern about:

1) the back storage under the Den . . . because it's not very tall, do you find it really hard to get to things? What do you store back there? I'm thinking tables/chairs, fishing poles, brooms/mops and narrow plastic bins. Can't think of much else that would fit there.

2) Is the bathroom too small to manauver around when you are a little 'fluffy'?

3) Are the bedrooms drawers barely worthless?

4) Is the living room furniture comfortable or really hard?

5) Do you have the new stove/oven combo? If so, how do you like it?

As I said . . . if there is anything you LOVE or HATE about it, please share.

Thank you so much!
10 REPLIES 10

2008Wildcat
Explorer
Explorer
Look at another option...Grand Design Solitude 375RES.
2013 Columbus 320RS
2011 RAM 3500 Outdoorsman SRW 6.7 Cummins- tweaked!

whitneykt
Explorer
Explorer
SKINNER43USA wrote:
Hi, my name is Jerry, I own the 3711FL which is pretty much this same home. We chose this one over yours because of where the W/D was located, no other reason. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Gotta give and take for what you want. We are full timers and this is our third 5th wheel. First was a Cardinal LE and 2 Montanas. We've been in this one about a year and a half now, so I can give you a little insight.

Like ALL RV's there is never enough storage room. Bathroom is fine with no flaws. Im 5'11 250 and Im wearing out the one and only recliner. Gonna need to get it restuffed (fatty) ๐Ÿ™‚ Kitchen is gorgeous with plenty of room and our W/D is right there and not crammed in our closet. This model has much less outside storage and that really bummed me out to have to give that up for the W/D location, but we did. Anyway, I bring my Hallmark covered trailer with me as well so I still have plenty of room for the outside stuff. We changed out our mattress as well like we always do because RV mattresses always suck. Closets we cycle our clothes through with the seasons, and drawers are fine. I have had no problems with this RV yet and hope I don't, other than the recliner....and thats really my fault. We are very comfortable in this home, but my dream home awaits me. I really thinking about a DRV Mobile suite, because this is our life from now on. If you have anymore questions just ask, and I hope this helps.

That is why we are possibly going with the 3791RD because we NEED the outside storage! We are not going to get a W/D so we're good with where they are. I would love a DRV also . . . BUT they all have corner showers. WE like the rectangle ones.

SKINNER43USA
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, my name is Jerry, I own the 3711FL which is pretty much this same home. We chose this one over yours because of where the W/D was located, no other reason. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Gotta give and take for what you want. We are full timers and this is our third 5th wheel. First was a Cardinal LE and 2 Montanas. We've been in this one about a year and a half now, so I can give you a little insight.

Like ALL RV's there is never enough storage room. Bathroom is fine with no flaws. Im 5'11 250 and Im wearing out the one and only recliner. Gonna need to get it restuffed (fatty) ๐Ÿ™‚ Kitchen is gorgeous with plenty of room and our W/D is right there and not crammed in our closet. This model has much less outside storage and that really bummed me out to have to give that up for the W/D location, but we did. Anyway, I bring my Hallmark covered trailer with me as well so I still have plenty of room for the outside stuff. We changed out our mattress as well like we always do because RV mattresses always suck. Closets we cycle our clothes through with the seasons, and drawers are fine. I have had no problems with this RV yet and hope I don't, other than the recliner....and thats really my fault. We are very comfortable in this home, but my dream home awaits me. I really thinking about a DRV Mobile suite, because this is our life from now on. If you have anymore questions just ask, and I hope this helps.

whitneykt
Explorer
Explorer
nremtp143 wrote:
whitneykt wrote:

If you have . . . or have had . . . this model, can you tell me some pros and cons about it? Any information you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated. Here are a few questions that I do have some concern about:

1) the back storage under the Den . . . because it's not very tall, do you find it really hard to get to things? What do you store back there? I'm thinking tables/chairs, fishing poles, brooms/mops and narrow plastic bins. Can't think of much else that would fit there.

Thank you so much!

I am the one referred to in the previous answer with the frame flex. Ours is a 3790RD with the RV fridge being the only difference. Ours is at the factory now and supposedly being taken apart as I write this. Al units will have a few flaws as fast as they build these things, but my beef with Montana is that we've been trying to get their attention since July of '16!!!! They answered us in November, scheduled for Feb and haven't notified us of the work starting yet!
As for your questions..
1) We store our outside cook stuff, small 150psi air compressor, ladder, MorRyde cord reel, chairs, some tools, corn hole boards, ice cream maker, and such under there. Some things you have to turn on its side to get it under there and then sit it upright.
2)I am 6' and 265 pounds(at the moment!) and have no trouble getting around in the bathroom. The door is awkward to navigate around the first trip, after that there's nothing to it.
3)No. The drawers are very nice in the bedroom, plus you have the storage bins to the left behind the mirrors and the closet to the right IF you don't have the W/D units.
4)The living room furniture is very nice. It is firm, but not too soft you can't get up from. We all love it. Very comfortable.
5)We have the stove/oven combo as well as the Microwave. We love the unit. I've so far not been impressed with the electric cook tops like in the Big Country units.

This was my wife's "dream camper" that's turned into a nightmare so far. That it ALL ON KEYSTONE. Now, that being said, if the unit comes back repaired and in working order, we will see how it progresses from there. Before the frame issue, just a few minor things then we had the AC issue that is on Dometic and being repaired while it is there. We love the floor plan and the storage. Much more so than our previous two Sandpipers s they were bunkhouses. I love the drop frame of the Montana as well. Lots of storage up front as well. Many out there have had no problem with theirs and I hope that continues. We just got a bad one and I'm trying to stay as optimistic as I can be. Otherwise it is just not healthy for me!

Opps! I almost did it again . . . clicked on the wrong 'quote' button. LOL

Thanks for the honesty. I hope you get it all fixed to your liking and end up loving it. I had to laugh at a video I watched the other day showing how an RV was made (can't remember the brand). They said in the video that 1 in every 10 is sent to a 'rain machine' to make sure they are now leaks. I thought "what about the other 9?" I guess yours was one of the other 9. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I agree that all of them will have issues and we are prepared for that. AND you are wise to stay optimistic! ๐Ÿ™‚ Not healthy for anyone to be stressed in this lifestyle (or any others for that matter). Good luck to you and I hope you get yours back soon!

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
topjimmy wrote:
Now that's funny Chris people say the good the bad and the ugly on the Montana forum and when Montana sells 4-5 thousand units a year yep ya get a few lemons and folks on the forum will let everybody know as well as the people that love them it is a honest and great Forum the 6 years I have been on it It is in no way shape or form run or supported by Keystone and by the way nremtp143 is a member of the Montana Forum and we all hear and feel bad for his problems with his Rig but his situation is not the norm for the majority of us Monty Owners

I agree that my problem is no where near the norm, but there are a few out there with the same problem. I'm SO looking to get past this so I can enjoy the rig that we love. In all honesty, I believe the major culprit is going to be the Lippert frame, but holding out on final judgement. Just like cars/trucks, you get a bad one every now and then. Mine was just luck of the draw. However, it's how the situation was(wasn't) handled that makes me ill. But, I did come in with proof rather than just trying to cause a ruckus. That's not my style.
2016 Montana 3790RD, Legacy Edition, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Now that's funny Chris people say the good the bad and the ugly on the Montana forum and when Montana sells 4-5 thousand units a year yep ya get a few lemons and folks on the forum will let everybody know as well as the people that love them it is a honest and great Forum the 6 years I have been on it It is in no way shape or form run or supported by Keystone and by the way nremtp143 is a member of the Montana Forum and we all hear and feel bad for his problems with his Rig but his situation is not the norm for the majority of us Monty Owners
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
topjimmy wrote:
This is a VERY popular floor plan for Montana with a whole lot of happy campers go the the Montana Owners Forum http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/ with thousands of members and ask the same question instead of here to get a first hand opinion on this Model and any other,I have owned 3 Montana's and loved all of them with minor issues

NO one on that forum is allowed to post negative issues or question Keystone's support, right? Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
whitneykt wrote:

Thank you so much!

I am the one referred to in the previous answer with the frame flex. Ours is a 3790RD with the RV fridge being the only difference. Ours is at the factory now and supposedly being taken apart as I write this. Al units will have a few flaws as fast as they build these things, but my beef with Montana is that we've been trying to get their attention since July of '16!!!! They answered us in November, scheduled for Feb and haven't notified us of the work starting yet!
As for your questions..
1) We store our outside cook stuff, small 150psi air compressor, ladder, MorRyde cord reel, chairs, some tools, corn hole boards, ice cream maker, and such under there. Some things you have to turn on its side to get it under there and then sit it upright.
2)I am 6' and 265 pounds(at the moment!) and have no trouble getting around in the bathroom. The door is awkward to navigate around the first trip, after that there's nothing to it.
3)No. The drawers are very nice in the bedroom, plus you have the storage bins to the left behind the mirrors and the closet to the right IF you don't have the W/D units.
4)The living room furniture is very nice. It is firm, but not too soft you can't get up from. We all love it. Very comfortable.
5)We have the stove/oven combo as well as the Microwave. We love the unit. I've so far not been impressed with the electric cook tops like in the Big Country units.

This was my wife's "dream camper" that's turned into a nightmare so far. That it ALL ON KEYSTONE. Now, that being said, if the unit comes back repaired and in working order, we will see how it progresses from there. Before the frame issue, just a few minor things then we had the AC issue that is on Dometic and being repaired while it is there. We love the floor plan and the storage. Much more so than our previous two Sandpipers s they were bunkhouses. I love the drop frame of the Montana as well. Lots of storage up front as well. Many out there have had no problem with theirs and I hope that continues. We just got a bad one and I'm trying to stay as optimistic as I can be. Otherwise it is just not healthy for me!
2016 Montana 3790RD, Legacy Edition, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
This is a VERY popular floor plan for Montana with a whole lot of happy campers go the the Montana Owners Forum http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/ with thousands of members and ask the same question instead of here to get a first hand opinion on this Model and any other,I have owned 3 Montana's and loved all of them with minor issues
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

MPI_Mallard
Explorer
Explorer
I've never owned one but I know several people who has including the gentleman who pulled into our resort with both of the spring center attachments that tore off the frame and got zip support from keystone or another that has severe frame-flexing (look for that post in this forum)that has been given ulcers over keystone's after-the-sale customer service, snotty workmanship, faded graphics and the list goes on,,, check out Cedar Creek in this forum and in person before you decide.

Red Green: Procrastination is like being intimate. The best things come at the end.
07' Dodge 3500 6 speed Cummins Diesel Dually/6.7L Bully-Chipped /
Exhst Brake/07' Cedar Creek 37CDTSD Daydreamer fiver
Mallard @ Frau Blรผcher

Red Green:
Now lets Bow your heads for the men's prayer.
I am a man, but I can change.
If I have to, I guess...