cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5er or TT for use with my older Tow vehicle?

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we decided to go truck and trailer instead of a MH. We also decided to purchase the truck and trailer for cash instead of financing. Which brings me to my questions....

The truck has 59K original miles. I have added a trans cooler, gauges, serviced trans, new hoses, belts, plugs, dist cap. rotor, plug wires, new radiator, t-stat, new PS pump, and new smog pump.

I do have a topper that would add storage if I went the TT route (although my decision will not be based on this)

1. With this the new to me truck in sig, would I be better suited with a TT or 5er?

2. Is the truck bed/rear axle strong enough to handle the 5er hitch and hitch weight? I would like to install a hitch that completely hides under bed (when not in use) if I go the 5wer route.

3. I am thinking MAX GVWR of 10,000#. This is within limits based on owner's manual. Is this doable?

Thanks!
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K
2 REPLIES 2

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
You really need to refresh yourself on the forum rules. Duplicate posts are not allowed.
Moderator notified.

permission to post same thread in two sections requested.
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
You really need to refresh yourself on the forum rules. Duplicate posts are not allowed.
Moderator notified.