cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5th wheel kayack rack

plkitchen
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone aware of a kayack rack that can be mounted on the rear ladder of a 5th wheel. I know that there are receiver hitch racks available but my 5th wheel does not have a hitch. I might go with an inflatable kayack but I have read that some people have had issues with the inflatables losing air pressure. Any feedback wouldbe appreciated.
18 REPLIES 18

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We use a chair ladder mount to hold the nose of our eight foot kayak and then put bungee cords around it to hold it tight to ladder. The second kayak goes on the bed.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
Our solution

sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Thule makes a rack that fits over the roof of the truck but requires a front hitch on the truck. I saw that and built my own version which seems to work well. I could probably find a photo if that would help.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
The biggest problem with inflatable kayaks are they are SLOW and do not handle wind very well.

We bungee'd a Kayak to our ladder to get in home from Arizona. Ladders are however not made to have loads on them when traveling and will soon start having issues. Some put shorter 10'- ones inside while traveling.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021