cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th wheels

Deehazel57
Explorer
Explorer
We current have a 1999 Damon Intruder Motorhome. We are selling it and want to get a used 5th wheel about a 2009 to 2013. Would like some advice on the Keystone Cougars, Forest River Cedar Creeks, Heartland ElkRidge, and Keystone Montana. Does anyone own these and would you buy one again. Also.\, what 5th wheel do you suggest owning. thanks
10 REPLIES 10

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know where a used 2013 Silverback is. You can PM me if interested.

Glenalt
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2010 Cougar 318 SAB with 3 slides and love it. Tows great and is a very comfortable unit. Good luck with your decision.

Steakman
Explorer
Explorer
Well If I had a 3500 Dually, I would have zero hesitation on going with a Cedar Creek 5'er...excellent quality - well built and looked damned comfortable...but, I dont think a dually is in my future...(bummer.!)

Stk
M'self and the Bride...of 32 yrs

'06 GMC DMax CCSB 594,545 km

(368,890 miles)

2003 Citation 26RKS

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
The Elkridge would be the bottom of that list you have there. We looked at trading last year and Heartland was the brand we were looking at. The Elkridge was a horrible trailer compared to the rest of the Heartland lineup. In the end we decided to keep our Cedar Creek for a couple more years.

Of those ypou list I would go for either the Cedar Creek or the Montana. We just talked the in-laws into upgrading to a Montana last fall and they love it. Very well built.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2 year old Cardinal back in 2003 and just traded it in on a 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback. Both are Forest River products. At the time of the trade the Cardinal was in excellent shape and we had very few problems over the 12 years we owned it. Have used our new Silverback for a month while still in Florida for the winter and love it.

Prior to trading our Cardinal I was looking for a nice used 5th wheel in the same years that you are now looking to buy. Expect to pay between $20K and up to $35K for something in that age range. We looked far and wide while at home in Michigan the past 2 years, but found that the choices were better in Florida. You'll feel it when you see it. A good used unit should be in well taken care of by the previous owners, otherwise I'd back off. It would be nice to find an owner with receipts for all previous repairs. That should show you how well it was taken care of.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Cedar Creeks would be my choice or lower end Wildcat.
pawatt

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Moved for better response Hopefully ???
pawatt

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Have a 2007 Montana bought new in July 2007. Would definitely buy again. Almost no problems with it over those years, 191 nights, and 20,600 miles. Only failures was the microwave and sound system, nothing on the trailer itself.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Cedar Creek is 10 years old and has been flawless since new. Would I buy one again? In a heart beat.

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
You cannot go wrong with a cedar creek excellant build and customer service