cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A/C Help!

Jaycorookie
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, we bought our first 5th wheel this year and are a little perplexed by an air conditioning issue. Its a 2015 Jayco 339FLQS. Front living room. It came with a single 13.5K air unit. Mounted just slightly rear of the middle. Its ducted and struggles to cool the rig. I checked the front and rear vent openings for a second a/c prep. There is one in the rear bedroom. Unfortunately, the bedroom is already quite cool. If I add an additional unit to the rear, I feel it'll be kind of a waste. Any suggestions? How do I cool down the living room? It's been too hot up there to enjoy taking the RV out...
16 REPLIES 16

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
IMO you need a 15K A/C unit or at least add a 2nd one and run them both. Is there a vent in LR? May want to crack that open and let some warm/hot air out.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Irish2
Explorer
Explorer
What is the outside temperature when you are experiencing this problem? It may be the case that one 13.5 AC unit is not enough for a unit 38 Ft in length with four slides in 95 degree temperatures. We have 2 AC units and on those really hot days both units work to bring down the interior temperatures to tolerable limits. To get it real cool keep all window shades close.
2013 Winnebago 42E
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk