cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

a/c new 5er

beachbum5
Explorer
Explorer
I just got new cougar 5er, went camping this weekend in Florida. Sat. was hot a/c did find but it did run most of the day. Sunday it was hot a/c ran all day, about 2pm it would shut down for 15 or 20 sec. and come back on but it was still cool. Anyone have this happen its brand new.
6 REPLIES 6

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
beachbum5 wrote:
I know I will probably have to add another ac but I was wondering why it was cutting out, if I need to take to the dealer. It should run all day even if it can't keep up.

Do you run all day, even if you can't keep up? There are bound to be internal sensors to keep the unit from freezing up or over heating. Have you read the owners manual?

beachbum5
Explorer
Explorer
I know I will probably have to add another ac but I was wondering why it was cutting out, if I need to take to the dealer. It should run all day even if it can't keep up.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Single AC and RV in FL, not so good. My signature FW single AC couldn't cut it. Had to add second.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
In high humidity situations, you AC may freeze over. It shuts down until the ice build up melts some and air flow is restored.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We had that same experience and ended up installing a second AC in the bedroom to keep things cool and run less often. Worked.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
beachbum5 wrote:
I just got new cougar 5er, went camping this weekend in Florida. Sat. was hot a/c did find but it did run most of the day. Sunday it was hot a/c ran all day, about 2pm it would shut down for 15 or 20 sec. and come back on but it was still cool. Anyone have this happen its brand new.

Don't think that sounds unreasonable to me = tin can, light insulation, Full sun. yep sounds right to me
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30