cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A funny thing happen last night

We took a ride over to Family Camping Outlet in Pottstown PA to take a look at the new Durango Gold model 380FL.. Before taking the ride , I called and verified they had it on the lot .
We arrived and went inside asking for the sales woman I spoke to earlier... After brief introductions , she went to say.... We need to discuss trucks before showing you that particular model...I see you have a F-150....

It was refreshing to see a company want to do the right thing.....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
18 REPLIES 18

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
Had back in 2004 when we ordered our trailer the salesman asked what is the size of your truck that you are going to use to tow the trailer? We told him a 2000 Kenworth T600, 430 hp. He didn't think we would have any problems towing the trailer. He was right. :B

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Before Lazy Days in Tucson Arizona would sell a FW to me, they checked the towing capacity, payload and axle ratings of my truck. They recorded the info, and then proceeded with the sale once they were confident that I had the capability to safely tow it. I was very happy to see that.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

GPG52_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great to hear. I had the same experience a few years ago where a dealer checked out our TV and advised they could not sell us a particular model recreation vehicle due to weight.
It is my understanding that Ontario has legislation which places liability on any dealer for selling mis-matched combo's .
GPG
GPG 🙂
2014 Ford F250, 6.2L, 4.30 Ratio, 6 speed
2014 Cougar (by Keystone) 327 RES

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Someone posted years ago 'what was the best story about shopping for a RV?'

They had been sitting in a RV while looking at them - I guess summer with all the windows open, and heard the salesman next door state "Sure your Explorer can tow this 28' trailer, I see you have the optional V8!"

IT is good to know that they will not deliver a 38' fifth wheel to a person with a F-150 to tow it. I see that your signature includes a F-350. That is a very good thing!

Have fun camping!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com