cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aluminum or wood framing on these?

alanmikkelsen
Explorer
Explorer
Generally speaking, considering year models 1998-2006, 22'-26' fivers, which of these are wood framed and which are aluminum framed:

Northwood (Nash & Artic Fox)
Sunnybrook
K-Z (Sportsman?)

Thanks!
Of all the liars in the world, the fisherman is the most trustworthy...
3 REPLIES 3

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
SB also has a goliath strong running gear, no lippert. I think Arctic Fox running gears are also very strong and no lippert. I remember looking at those 3 brands in the 90s and it came down to AF or SB. SB's were redesigned in 03 and they went to a totally different running gear with huge basements but they got much taller and heavier. We had a 2000 24CKFS (12" boxed frame) and a 98 30RLFS (14" boxed frame), both were extremely strong. I wouldn't be afraid of a well built wood frame. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
I believe all Nash units for that era are wood, for Arctic Fox (of that era) look for Silver Fox edition, those are Aluminum framed, the others are wood.

That all being said, what matters more then if a rig a framed of wood or aluminum is workmanship. The one of the best companies will build with wood, another with aluminum, while the same can be said that the worst made rigs could be built with either
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

jrwhited
Explorer
Explorer
sunnybrook aluminum and very well built