cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Propane Valve Failure

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
My propane valve, Marshall #250, failed. I have suspected it wasn't right for some time, but it quit flowing propane and wouldn't switch to the full tank even manually. Also, the active tank wasn't empty either. It still had about 40% in it, but no flow. I replaced the valve with a CAMCO brand and all is working fine again.

I thought it interesting that the Marshall #250 was recalled in 1994 and the company went out of business, but it is being made again by another company now. There is probably no connection today to the 1994 issue, but it is interesting.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010
2 REPLIES 2

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I tried closing and then reopening both tanks slowly. I removed both tanks and tried the fullest tank on the side where the half full tank stopped flowing and the full tank flowed. I removed both hoses from the valve an switched sides to eliminate a bad hose. The bad side of the valve was still bad.

The valve was bad plain and simple and the new one works perfectly.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you tried closing both tanks, then opening each valve very slowly?
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"