cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Exit Window Leaking (Already Replaced Butyl)

tlukasavige172
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the butyl tape and re-caulked the window a few days ago. I was out today with the hose checking for leaks and I found a significant one. While spraying down the exterior of the window it appears that I'm getting quite a bit of water on the inside. It's coming from the seal of the emergency window and the frame of the window (since this one is removable). The seal has a split in it (see pic) where they originally taped it and that's where the water is coming in.

Is the window made to be removed and reinstalled? Can you take it out and replace that weather stripping? Any ideas on a fix would be great. Thanks

2007.5 Long Bed Dodge Mega Cab Dually
2005 ATC 41' 5th Wheel Toy Hauler
www.facebook.com/adventurerig
www.adventurerig.com
Instagram @adventurerig
Twitter @adventurerig
2 REPLIES 2

tlukasavige172
Explorer
Explorer
I thought that same thing and tried it with a little less pressure but it still leaked. I'm going to try it again in a few days when I have more time and see if a mist will do it also.
2007.5 Long Bed Dodge Mega Cab Dually
2005 ATC 41' 5th Wheel Toy Hauler
www.facebook.com/adventurerig
www.adventurerig.com
Instagram @adventurerig
Twitter @adventurerig

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
The hose test will make even a brand new hatch leak, its just too much volume of water, they are designed for rain, not under water.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad