cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning fabric tear?

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
Over the 4th we went boondocking and while wandering through the trees my awning got a 2 inch tear by a dead limb on a tree. The awning is only two years old. It is in the white colored part. What is the best way to repair it?
5 REPLIES 5

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
The tear is in a 2 inch V shape, being about 3/8 0f an inch wide at the top of the V. Will eternabond work with that?

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
old guy wrote:
that' what I used, it is also called sail tape, used to be $15 per roll. that was five years or so ago since I bought mine. got tired of putting new tape on every year or so. I broke down and had insurance buy me a new one.

It still is $15 on Amazon, they sell Camco brand.

BK
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
oddly enough, if you have a "oh ****! " box... grab the eternabond... that stuff works great for awning repair. My buddy has had that stuff on there for a few years... that stuff will outlast the camper now... lol

If you get the awning tape. I'd apply to both sided, and if you are good with a needle and thread (fishing line) light weight. I'd sew a good over/under/thru.. tie it together at the tear and apply the tape on both sides again... like a suture.

$25 in parts.. a little time, will save you 3-400 for a new awning
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
that' what I used, it is also called sail tape, used to be $15 per roll. that was five years or so ago since I bought mine. got tired of putting new tape on every year or so. I broke down and had insurance buy me a new one.

robsouth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camping World (and others) sell awning repair tape. Just stick it on.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."