cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B&W Companion Slider slide lock

cdtretta
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Companion Slider, and love it. I do have what may be a small issue, but I am looking to other owners for your experience. When I open the handle to let it slide, it slides okay, but then doesn't always lock in when it reaches the end as it should. It's a little tight when I try to move it manually, and doesn't move as easily as it does in the video. Is/was yours like that as well? Is it a break in issue? It's only been slid about 10 times total, and I know they're precisely built.
Thanks
Ct..
7 REPLIES 7

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
They are awesome!

Don't own a slider and never will but if I did need one it would be a B&W.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cdtretta
Explorer
Explorer
I had a chance to look at another B&W hitch yesterday. I worked the mechanism and it was much easier than mine was. I relayed that to the factory, and they're replacing my base. Love these guys!

cdtretta
Explorer
Explorer
When I called B&W, he told me that he thought it was still breaking in. I think I'll loosen/retension all hardware this weekend and see if that helps. Thanks!
Ct..

pronstar
Explorer
Explorer
Does not sound like it's working right.
'07 Ram 5.9 QC/LB SRW
Full Carli Suspension
35" Toyo's | 4.56 | PacBrake

2009 Cyclone 3950 | B&W Turnover Ball & Companion | TrailAire | Duravis R250s

daily_double
Explorer
Explorer
X3

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
ependydad wrote:
IMO, contact B&W directly. Their customer service has been fantastic the times that I've needed to contact them.

X2

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
IMO, contact B&W directly. Their customer service has been fantastic the times that I've needed to contact them.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page