cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Banks New Electronic Speed Brake

BILLKINYON
Explorer
Explorer
iI purchased this Electronic speed brake from banks for my 2008 gmc dually deisel.
It was easy to install, just plug into main harness. took an hour and a half. drove down a 6 % down grade pulling my fifth wheel that weighed 17,500 lbs. 2 miles down hill and never had to touch a brake pedal. its amazing!!!.
the new brake system can be set for any speed down hill and it will shift the trany and change the turbo blades to slow down the vehicle. i set mine form 50mph. and it kept it at that speed. i mam very impressed with it.
in the past my brakes would heat up and fade a little. i was always worried. now i do not worry.
Bill
4 REPLIES 4

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Your message about your tow vehicle speed brake will get better response in the tow vehicle forum. Ask (pm) the mod/adm to move your post over there.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Banks Speed Brake, IQ, and Six Gun on my '07 GMC. I love the IQ for the gauges, but only use the Speed brake when pulling the 5th wheel in the mountains and I never use the Six Gun.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
If you are at all interested in a similar product, take a look at the BD VVT Turbo Brake. No IQ dashboard required and operates pretty much the same as the Banks unit without the IQ. I've had mine for almost a year and a half, and I love it.
2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS

vietvet66-67
Explorer
Explorer
BILLKINYON, I'm interested in that unit myself. Question, did you have to buy the unit with the IQ dashboard ? I'm, not sure if there is a reason to have the dashboard part or not.
2006 Chevy 3500 DRW LBZ/ALLY LT2 The "DREAM CATCHER"
1999 Newmar American Star Newmar Kountry Klub #19708
Curt Q20 P-2 Controller
LIFE MEMBER OF THE VFW MEMBER 335 "DUALLY CLUB"
"GOD, GUTS, AND GUNS KEEP AMERICA FREE"