cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bed Saver

Bob1180
Explorer
Explorer
Some time in the past(year) there was a post for a inexpensive bed save. Something like the Butch Saver ??. Does anyione have that information?
12 REPLIES 12

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
The nice thing about it is that once the OP gets the info he likes he can quit reading. No-one and nothing forces anyone to keep going after they get what they want.

But yeah, you're right that some things just get hashed over a lot. But heck, if they didn't this would be a very inactive forum if it weren't for tire threads, diesel vs gas threads, "Am I Overweight" threads, and "Can I Pull This With My Tundra?" thread. LOL
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

webslave
Explorer
Explorer
I, generally, agree. He, obviously though, had read the previous postings about it since he said "Some time in the past(year) there was a post for a inexpensive bed save." which indicates to me that he read the thread and just couldn't remember the name of the device or contact information. New information comes out all the time about some things, but, for others, the forum winds up with another 6 pages of rehash on the same comments. If he had said or asked for additional information, then I'd agree, but, apparently he just couldn't remember the name and, to be sure, a "search" probably would have returned the information, but, sometimes a search, if done improperly, just confuses the searcher with non-applicable hits. Sometimes, though, on this forum and many others that I'm a member of, the original question gets lost in a lot of "opinions" that have very little to do with the original question, and we all know what "opinions" are like...
My 2 cents, your mileage may vary...

Don
Bronwyn
Down to 1 kitty...J-Lo, the princess

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2015 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk Towed

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe he'll take some of the opinions mentioned here and change his mind about his options. Maybe he never thought about the fact that it's manual, and you have remember to latch it so when you forget to latch the hitch it'll be there.

Sometimes a person is just not aware of what questions to ask, or even that there are questions to be asked. It's not like we're wasting necessary electrons after all.

If people only answered the immediate question, and refrained from adding opinions, this forum, and many others would have gone away by now.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

webslave
Explorer
Explorer
The arguments for and against any safety device have been made ad nauseum. There is thread on here that is pages long... There are those that swear they'd never drop their 5er, there are those that have (for any number of reasons), those that say they are far too observant, cautious, intelligent, etc. and it could never happen to them and then there are those that realize that to err is human (whether it is the user or the manufacturer) and that another safety "hoop" to handle is maybe a good thing. If I'm "on the ball" enough to see that red handle out and sticking up, then I'm also on the ball enough to give my latch another look before pulling out (and I have a good hitch; a B&W Companion). If I don't remember to latch the bedsaver, then I'm not out anything except the $65 it cost me to buy.

The OP didn't ask for opinions, he just asked for the contact information. Don't really need to rehash the whole thing again ๐Ÿ™‚

Don
Bronwyn

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Butches look a lot better than those goiters sticking out the back.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
rhagfo wrote:
Well if you think you hitch is going to fail, get a better hitch!!! :S

If you think you are going to forget to lock the hitch, get a Blue OX, as you would also forget to to latch the Butch's latch.

:B
Absolutely, the Butch's latch is just one more thing to remember. If it's going to work it needs to be there automatically. We have the B&W hitch so it isn't necessary, unless you drop it deliberately.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
If you think you are going to forget to lock the hitch, get a Blue OX, as you would also forget to to latch the Butch's latch.

I have to agree. While Butch's system is less money you still have to latch it where with the Blue Ox it is more money but you don't have to do anything. I have the Blue Ox never have used it and hope I never do!
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Ed9824v
Explorer
Explorer
how much ? simple
Ed So.Calif
1950 Ford F1 street rod
1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, kingcoil
2000 National Sea Breeze 5th wheel trailer
1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins,4.10 gears,turbo,trans,injectors,oil cooler,lockers,edge EZ, 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well if you think you hitch is going to fail, get a better hitch!!! :S

:B
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Hvyhauler
Explorer
Explorer
The "Latch Kit" from Butch Svcs ... easy to install / good price.I have the latch on my Pullrite Superglide,it does the job for me !!

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW LB 4x4 QC
2007 Mountaineer 336RLT XPS Ribs
2000 Lance 1130
2 Camping Collies (always ready to go)
2006 Dodge 3500 DRW SLT 4x4 LB QC CTD PullRite SuperGlide
2007 Mountaineer 336RLT Mich. XPS Ribs Duro Max XP4400E Gen.
2000 Lance 1130 Torklifts/SL/Stainless Generac Gen.
2 Rescued Camping Collies (always ready to go)

webslave
Explorer
Explorer
I have one...

Butch's Latch Kit

I have "tested" it, and it will catch the pin on my B&W Companion hitch (in fact the picture on his website is my installation). For the money, a worthwhile investment for me. Hope to never need it, but, it is there if my mind isn't...

Don
Bronwyn

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX

Sturgeon-Phish
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Ox Bedsaver
2003 GMC 3500 crew dually. Transfer Flow 50g aux tank; ISSPRO gauges, PPE boost valve, air box mods, stock exhaust w/o muffler, Line-X, Pace Edwards bed locker power tonneau. B&W Companion. Pulls a '05 Wildcat 31QBH 5th wheel