cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bedroom tv mount

beachbum5
Explorer
Explorer
I have a cougar 28sgs and got a tv for the bedroom, there is a sticker on the wall mount tv here. But there is nothing there, I drilled a couple of small holes but nothing behind but foam, I could not find the stud. Any ideas thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
My Cougar has a small board that is behind the wall. I do not think it is very thick but I did just mount a 19 inch tv there on a mount from Walmart. I used regular screws but where I missed the board, I used the really small metal molly screws that go in straight but collapse back on themselves (drywall mollies). If you push on the wall under the sticker and a foot or so below it, you should feel a difference. The 19 inch tv is very light.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Recommend contacting the manufacturer

I just went through this recently with my Eclipse Attitude and wanted to make sure I mounted where there was some backing. Eclipse sent me a full schematic for my trailer detailing exactly where the backing is located. Mine is mounted on an interior wall between front bedroom and bathroom, not an exterior wall
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Yes to short walls.. I pre-measured mine and they were one inch, with the opposite wall the shower. To that, I set the drill holes for the wood to not go through, and then screwed in the wood setting screws first, then wound them out and cut off the taper on the front and screwed them in again to the limit of the wall. I used a super heavy duty swing arm and ended up using my grinder to cut off the excess past the 100 by 100 format for the 22 inch TV so that it would not interfere with the cable plug ins.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
Also, remember that these walls are very thin so use SHORT lag bolts. About 1" is the consensus for length. Longer and you could dimple your exterior

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

beachbum5
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information I will try to find my stud finder. You think they would put blocking behind the sticker.

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
you should be able to contact the manufacture and get the placement of the studs. if not, follow above destructions. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Use a studfinder and search around. Remember, to find a stud you have to start the finder where there is no stud, so tap about and then draw out your stud pattern.

I found my studs, then mounted a good solid piece of wood with multiple screws onto the studs, then mounted the swing arm for the TV onto the wood. Worked great.

Also, I put a piece of cloth material with two ends of velcro behind the swing mount. I push the TV back against the wall, and then run the Velcro straps over it. It all stays on the wall when we travel.

Nothing like coffee and morning news on the TV in the morning.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel