cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boondocking~ Simply way to add water ideas?

jayhardy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm camping at fabulous Fort Worden in Port Townsend,WA. But the water. Is off for the winter. My Montana does not have open hole, just hose connectors. Does anyone have a way to add five or 10 gallons? I have a 5 gallon plastic jug but it's connected end is bigger than a hose female end
22 REPLIES 22

jayhardy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas but I don't do allot of boondocking. I'm Just looking for a simple way to add 10 gallons on a winter getaway without pouring a 5 gallon bucket down a hose opening

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
Harbor freight has two models of 12 volt pumps fitted with male hose fittings. I use this so I don't have to lift the jug.

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
I carry an extra old water pump for just this purpose. Wouldnt stop seeping water under load so that's why it's now my siphon pump. Just set up some fittings on either side to go into a jug and hook up to the hose connection. Installed a 12 volt outlet in the water closet for the satellite so I rigged the pump for the same connection and tada. Got some colapsable five gallon jugs from wal mart so storage space is minimal.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

jayhardy
Explorer
Explorer
Would that be where the Winterization outlet would be to suck in water?

Y-Guy
If you don't have the external hose to suck water, you might have one inside for winterizing, same setup. Just need to adjust the valve so it pulls from the hose not the tank.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Yep....what ^^^^^^ said

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
jayhardy wrote:
I'm camping at fabulous Fort Worden in Port Townsend,WA. But the water. Is off for the winter. My Montana does not have open hole, just hose connectors. Does anyone have a way to add five or 10 gallons? I have a 5 gallon plastic jug but it's connected end is bigger than a hose female end

Your Montana should have valve settings in the water docking station that will allow you to suck water from external jug, into your internal water tank using your onboard pump. My Cardinal does, most do. Just have to have a short section of water hose that threads onto your city water connection, and put the other end into the jug.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
You can use one of these with a bucket and a couple of short lengths of hose.

Electric Drill Water Pump

I love Fort Worden. I worked for an architect in 1970 and we developed the plan for re-use of the Fort by the public. We spent most of the summer in Port Townsend and worked with WA State Parks, the WA State Arts Commission, and the community. We had use of the original linen drawings of the fort that were amazing artifacts.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L