cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bought my first camper and fifth wheel

zachb91
Explorer
Explorer
it is a 2001 keystone cougar 281 efs. has 3 bunks in the back queen sized bed. awning is in very good shape on it. gave 2700 plus taxes for it. only problem it has is that on the left front by the window it has delaminated. right now it has white duct tape and flex seal on it to keep it dry in the rain. this winter ill back it in the barn and redo the fiberglass on that part of it. other than that and the outside light bulbs being bad nothing else is wrong with it. fridge works stove works heat works and ac is ice cold.
3 REPLIES 3

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats !! on the new purchase. Im sure you will find plenty of "wnd Projects" both needed and wanted. As for the 2 large "Scare" lights we seldom use ours, because we don't like to disturb neighbors. Also keep in mind, if you ever loose the remote (to opereate slides n lights) you can purchase them direct from the MFG. for a LOT LESS than from Keystone (Know from exp.) thier website is... www.gamainc.com ... Keystone said it was a Dealer item only ahd had to be purchesd thru a dealer, $120.00. through gama the cost was $25.00. Good Luck and Happy Camping !!!
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2001 cardinal 1 yr ago. We love it. Had to do a little remodeling but it was fun
you got a great deal it looks like.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife 🙂

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Even the new ones need some fixing, and it sounds like you got a great deal!! I made money on my first two campers, when I sold them, due to a little fixing.

You should add a pic on edit, so we can see it.

Happy camping, hope you enjoy it!!

Jerry