cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Capture plate?

Jaycee85501
Explorer
Explorer
I am buying a 2007 weekend worrier superlite LS 2805. I am getting a superglide hitch. What capture plate do I need.
Thanks
21 REPLIES 21

dryfly
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
hornet28 wrote:
Blue Ox quit building the Bed Saver a number of years ago

I would be curious why???

Good question?

I have one on a Husky hitch and it saved my truck bed twice. I got where I hated to admit I had one since they were so controversial. Obviously, observing the proper connection in the first place will eliminate all issues, but twice I violated that good rule.

Sorry to the OP for the "off topic" comments.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
No need for a capture plate as long as you visually verify your hitch is PROPERLY latched and there is no space between the pinbox plate and the hitch plate.

To the original poster please disregard the quoted post.

To Cummins12V98 - Giving bad advice is worse than giving no advice. You have no idea what a pullrite superglide hitch is or how it works. Without the capture plate the hitch would not operate properly and damage would occur.

I stand corrected! "Capture plate" to me is the device that stops the RV from dropping if high hitched for example.

I get you but Superglide is a different animal that requires that specific plate to rotate the head of the hitch. It's a great slider hitch but I went in a completely different direction with an Andersen. So glad I didn't go the slider route BTW
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Jaycee85501 wrote:
I am buying a 2007 weekend worrier superlite LS 2805. I am getting a superglide hitch. What capture plate do I need.
Thanks

Depends on your pin box. All brands use various pin boxes
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Njmurvin
Explorer
Explorer
OP, if you live in the So Cal area I have a couple of different capture plates to choose from that I'd be willing to give you. One is a universal mount type that attaches to the pinbox with allen set screws (which I replaced with stainless steel to avoid rust). The other requires that you drill holes in your pinbox and connects with small nuts/bolts. It was fitted to an older Fleetwood Terry 5th wheel trailer. I would need some dimensions of your pinbox's kingpin plate to determine if either is a fit.
2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Jaycee85501 wrote:
Thanks

OP...I'll repost your question and topic.

Anywayz we have Superglide owners who may know how to answer your question.
Looking at PullRites SuperGlide capture plate chart may help you .
However a PullRite hitch dealer or a rv dealer who sells the Superglide can also help. Or a 1-800 or email to numbers on the add in the clicky to PullRite mfg should get a answer.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
hornet28 wrote:

I would be curious why???
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
MFL wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

I stand corrected! "Capture plate" to me is the device that stops the RV from dropping if high hitched for example.

schlep1967 wrote:
Sorry. I was a little harsh with my reply.

Cummins12V98 wrote:
Hey no worse than I have given. I appreciate the apology. Like I say words have meaning! I sure don't want to pass along bad info.

Thanks!

Great post!!

This is not my first forum friend, that has owned his mistake, and announced it on this forum. To me...this reads, a strong man that is confident in who he is!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, check is in the mail. :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Cummins12V98 wrote:

schlep1967 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:
Hey no worse than I have given. I appreciate the apology. Like I say words have meaning! I sure don't want to pass along bad info.

Thanks!

Great post!!

This is not my first forum friend, that has owned his mistake, and announced it on this forum. To me...this reads, a strong man that is confident in who he is!

Jerry

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
You need a captue plate to make the superglide to work right
cpaulsen

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
schlep1967 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
No need for a capture plate as long as you visually verify your hitch is PROPERLY latched and there is no space between the pinbox plate and the hitch plate.

To Cummins12V98 - Giving bad advice is worse than giving no advice. You have no idea what a pullrite superglide hitch is or how it works. Without the capture plate the hitch would not operate properly and damage would occur.

Thanks!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Back in the day they used to make a "Bed Saver" It would bolt on the rear of your hitch and "CATCH" the pinbox before it hit the bed if hitched improperly ......

I have not heard about them in years

blue ox

YES, that is what I was thinking, wrong words!

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Cummins12V98 wrote:
schlep1967 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Back in the day they used to make a "Bed Saver" It would bolt on the rear of your hitch and "CATCH" the pinbox before it hit the bed if hitched improperly ......

I have not heard about them in years

blue ox
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet