cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cardinal 3850RL vs Cedar Creek 36CKTS

todalake44
Explorer
Explorer
What do you think of these two? One better than other? Prices are about the same.
19 REPLIES 19

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Yes we own a Cedar Creek but are looking to step up but wanted to stay with Forest River so lucky for us they have started a new higher end line called River Stone, toured the factory twice and like what we see, also Cedar Creek is starting a Champagne line that is nice also. I do think Cardinal is also starting a upgrade offer but not sure what it will be called. Good luck on your decision.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well we are looking at Cedar Creeks, Big Horns and maybe another Cardinal. So far the Big Horn is catching our eye. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

ddschuman
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a Cedar Creek 36CKTS and LOVE it. Cardinal and Cedar Creek were our choices that we had narrowed down but out of all honesty, something about the Cedar Creek just felt better to us.
Escaping the real world in our "home away from home"
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2016 Chevrolet 3500 High Country Duramax Dually

4bearhug
Explorer
Explorer
I think that you are basically hearing from owners of one model or the other. Not sure you will have many who have owned both. We have a 2010 Cardinal 3150RL and we love it. It was exactly the floor plan we were looking for and have been extremely happy with it. I think the Cedar Creek is a nice 5er as well, but have no experience with it.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
campinghut wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
campinghut wrote:
When you are looking for support from either Cedar Creek or Cardinal you phone that exact manufacturer not Forest River.

Ok.

Sorry I just re-read my post and it sounded a little arrogant so sorry for that. I was not trying to have or give any attitude just trying to be informative.

Hey no problem, didn't even think that was your incentive.

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
campinghut wrote:
When you are looking for support from either Cedar Creek or Cardinal you phone that exact manufacturer not Forest River.

Ok.

Sorry I just re-read my post and it sounded a little arrogant so sorry for that. I was not trying to have or give any attitude just trying to be informative.
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
campinghut wrote:

Ok.

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cedar Creek exterior in nice looking. The Cardinal interior is more up scale.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

justme
Explorer
Explorer
Forest River has fewer complaints over-all according to the RV guides. The Cardinal and Cedar Creek are basically equal with the least complaints. The complaints cover every aspect from fit and build, failures and over-all quality. BTY I don't own a Forest River product.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
dblr wrote:
X2 on the factory support plus I am also a fan of the hung walls, not that Cardinal is not a good trailer I just prefer the build of the cedar Creek more

They're both made by Forest River. Isn't that the same MFG? I realize they may utilize a different MFG plant but in the end it's still FR. No different than buying a Wildcat or Blue Ridge. FR would still be the final say.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the factory support plus I am also a fan of the hung walls, not that Cardinal is not a good trailer I just prefer the build of the cedar Creek more
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
I would choose the Cedar Creek because of the great customer service I have had and Cedar Creek uses a hung wall over a laminated wall just my preference. I have not had a Cardinal to compare the customer service.
Tim And Bev

justme
Explorer
Explorer
I wished folks would provide a reason for their selection. That would be most helpful.