cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cardinal is FR's top dog??

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Just received latest issue of TL and on front cover they state that the model featured (FR's Cardinal) is companies flagship 5er. I recall not to long ago this discussion came up as to which one is FR's top dog, Cedar Creek or Cardinal. Concensious was Cedar Creek was the top dog. Folks still agree or disagree?
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
19 REPLIES 19

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We got the magazine too. Nice looking FW and I like the separate office. What I don't like and see in all if not most today are the islands in the kitchen. We stop at roadside rests and even sleep there and you can't work in your kitchen with islands and slides up against them. Well, that's for another discussion.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Riverstone is the top fifth wheel at FR and is on our short list for our next unit.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
I read that article too. I happen to own a loaded Cardinal, but buddy owns a CC Hathaway edition. I've spent a lot of time in both and would say that they are pretty much equal in build quality and content. But FR also manufactures RiverStone. I'd consider those a step up from both Cardinal and CC.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Don't matter to me, I've got a Montana High Country. (Keystone).

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
We love our signature CC - as members of the CCRVOC, their customer support can't be beat!! We have first hand experience with that.

As to which is tops - both are good. I'm sure if the article was about Cedar Creeks the title might have said the same for Cedar Creeks.

I'm breaking out the popcorn.....
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL