cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condensation under garage door?

dedmiston
This weekend we took our second trip in our hew toy hauler. We're still getting used to being in a bigger trailer and having a separate garage. The garage really paid off this weekend, because it rained most of the time and it was great to use it as a mud room. We all entered through the rear door, took off our wet shoes, and then came into the main living room area.

I noticed something strange over the course of the long weekend. There was a strip of water on the floor right inside the door between the garage and the living room. I kept looking for things like spills, leaks, or even dog drool (we have two dogs now instead of one). I couldn't find any direct cause for that small amount of water. I'm wondering now if the heat differential between the cold garage and the warm living area could cause condensation there on the floor. These RV doors have big gaps at the tops and bottoms to allow for flex while we drive. Maybe something about the air flow creates condensation?

Has anyone else noticed this?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
1 REPLY 1

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
your description of cold garage and a door gap sounds like a real possibility. next time try leaving the door open for a day and see if it happens again. unfortunately you'll have to wait until fall now probably. plus since it was raining the dew point was pretty high (condensing at abnormally higher temperature).
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX