cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Considering a Jayco Eagle

BourbonRam
Explorer
Explorer
Shopping for a new fifth wheel and so far the Jayco Eagle seems to be my choice. Never had a fifth wheel just a travel trailer. Looked on line at numerous brands and have two that I like. The Jayco Eagle series and the Forest River Salem Hemisphere Series.

Any input would be appreciated.
2017 Jayco North Point 387RDFS
2017 Ram 3500 Dually, Black, CCLB, 6.7 Cummins Diesel, 4X4, Aisin, 4.10, Stock, (his)
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.7 V8 (hers)
Retired U.S. Army, Retired Police Officer
13 REPLIES 13

bamafeaver
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Jayco Eagle HT. The first year there was water damage no fault of ours and the back wall had to be replaced. Since Jayco has a two year warranty it was replaced for no charge. The third year the AC went out two months after our warranty expired. My friendly advice get the extended warranty. We love our Jayco Eagle HT. Its sleeps our family of five easily. Its easy to pull. I have a 2500 HD 6.0 gasser.

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2010 31.5 RLDS bought new and have had nary an issue. My next one, if any, will definitely be a Jayco.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
BourbonRam wrote:
IBcarguy wrote:
2 weeks ago I was in the same boat as you. Went to RV shows, shopped around and ended up buying a new Jayco Eagle HT. We take delivery tomorrow afternoon. It's also my first 5th wheel after having a couple of TTs. I bought a new to the market model Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK. Can't wait until tomorrow!
Apparently Thor Industries as bought out Jayco, however the company will continue to be run by the family management group that owned Jayco.

I looked at the model you are getting. Very nice. I hope you enjoy it.

It's brand new to the market and I think I bought the only one available in CA. I did a google search and didn't find any on the ground anywhere in the country. Dealers say they won't have any of this model until at least April. The mid bunk room with the rear living is perfect for us and the only other similar layouts are at least 3' longer. We're excited about getting
it tomorrow.

idaho556
Explorer
Explorer
Careful I ve owe 4 different Jayco now and last one 2016 Eagle HT , and let tell there in my opinion there huge difference. From last one I owed was 2008 some where between there thing have gone south. Workmanship on 2008 was way better.
I'm specially not a big fan of shwinntex mechanism on large slides out.

BourbonRam
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Jayco would be my choice FWIW.
They seem to be going strong after being sold to Thor
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/01/jayco-expands-campus-to-meet-growing-demand/

Thanks for the article. Good to know they are doing so well. Positive for the buyer.
2017 Ram 3500 Dually, Black, CCLB, 6.7 Cummins Diesel, 4X4, Aisin, 4.10, Stock, (his)

BourbonRam
Explorer
Explorer
IBcarguy wrote:
2 weeks ago I was in the same boat as you. Went to RV shows, shopped around and ended up buying a new Jayco Eagle HT. We take delivery tomorrow afternoon. It's also my first 5th wheel after having a couple of TTs. I bought a new to the market model Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MBOK. Can't wait until tomorrow!
Apparently Thor Industries as bought out Jayco, however the company will continue to be run by the family management group that owned Jayco.

I looked at the model you are getting. Very nice. I hope you enjoy it.

ipeltier
Explorer
Explorer
We're on our second Jayco 5th wheel. The first was a 2008 Eagle Superlite, which we drove across the US once, down the length from Canada to California and Arizona eight times, and numerous times across Western Canada. This new one is a 2017 Jayco Eagle HT. We like the two year warranty, and have been satisfied with the product.

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco would be my choice FWIW.
They seem to be going strong after being sold to Thor
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2017/01/jayco-expands-campus-to-meet-growing-demand/

reppoc12
Explorer
Explorer
They are still in business owned by Thor last I heard.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just read this week that they're building new plants....
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

BourbonRam
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
You do know jayco is no longer around as a company?

No. Have been visiting there website and looking at their 2017 lineup. No mention there. Please explain.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
You do know jayco is no longer around as a company?