cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

corner left nose leaking??

Ara
Explorer
Explorer
We have an '07 Keystone Raptor fifth wheel.

While getting everything ready here for winter, we noticed a drip coming from the left front corner-nose area. All summer we thought it was from the AC, however our AC has been off now for weeks. After examining this....cosmetic-looking white strip that snaps in the edges of this metal track, I saw it was filled with water. The screws are now rusty as they've been sitting in this water each time it rains.
This particular track runs underneath the nose, along the side and ends right where the gutter nozzle begins, so we put some Eternabond sealing tape up by the gutter to seal out any water (in case it was running along this track). We then used the tape to seal the entire area under the nose in case water was streaming down the front and doing the "wick-effect" (curling upwards around it).
After it rained all day yesterday, we go out to inspect it today, to find the tape filled with water, and lost it's adhesiveness. It's now I should mention the bedroom and closet floors are bone-dry, but we want them to stay that way by fixing this now. Today we ripped off the tape (which was easy to do) and unhooked the white trim from the metal track to let the area dry out. I took several pics so you can see the area I'm talking about much better. (Edit: trying to figure out how to post pics, don't think it'll let me)
Any tips, ideas, suggestions, similar stories, etc. would greatly be appreciated, as we're going to a an RV/camping shop tomorrow to buy some LAP sealant which hopefully does the trick ๐Ÿ˜•
7 REPLIES 7

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Hondavalk wrote:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f28/water-in-5th-wheel-nose-cone-93968-9.html#post1079840

Thanks for fixing this. Trying to do anything from my smartphone seems futile.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I hope this link works, its from the FROG owners group regarding get this issue. You can see my pictures in this thread under Sierra360PDEK. http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1079840

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Eternabond is great stuff but must be rolled hard with a rolling device to stick. For that reason I find Dicor or any good polyurethane caulk has done a good job where i have applied it.
Also check around any light on the top of the cap.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
Eternabond should not come off that easy. Did you clean the roof really good and wipe the area to tape with some acetone on a rag before laying it down. I just got done laying down some eternabond tape and when it is down it does not want to come back off.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

Ara
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Halmfamily, going to post over there (with pics of my issue).

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Check the caulking where your front cap meets the side especially near the top. I had to replace the caulking on our fifth wheel to stop the same water issue you're having. Check out the Forrest River forums under fifth wheels and you'll find some good info on this issue. I have pictures of what I did posted there also.