cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
We have no squeek ... but we did have our shocks removed when we lifted the fiver.

The shocks are not too short. We had ours lifted and the factory shocks were re-installed.

I addressed that with my dealer when I told them to lift it. I was gonna buy new, longer shocks but did not have to.
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
cruz wrote:
2Qayl ... do I detect a note of sarcasm ??? :B Cruz

I wouldn't call it a "note of sarcasm", Cruz, more like a whole friggin' orchestra of sarcasm.

BCCDAL, CHV_FRK said what I was going to say...a ratchet wrench does make the job simple. Glad that you didn't mention the temperature.:) Let's see...67 where you are...-10 where I am with snow predicted for today. Somebody tell me why I live here.

THANK YOU!!! for the info on the source of that squeek! I'll talk to our dealer about loosing the shocks or at least get in there with my silicone spray.

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
loydt wrote:
I know what the squeak is. The rubber bushing around the shock mount will wear out. ....

We have no squeek ... but we did have our shocks removed when we lifted the fiver. (they were too short) MoRyde told me you really didn't need shocks with their system anyway ... it was easier for Jayco's assembly line to put the shocks on all the Designers, with or without the MoRyde option. haven't missed them either !!

2Qayl ... do I detect a note of sarcasm ??? :B

Cruz
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
I know what the squeak is. The rubber bushing around the shock mount will wear out. It drove me insane!! My dealer fixed it for me on a return trip. If you want to temporarily fix it, give it a squirt of WD40 or something. Its right where the shock bolts to the frame.
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Mine were lag bolts. One side was a little harder to get to. A short flex head ratchet helps. Luckily ours almost sets down on the wood trim anyway so I was able to remove it myself.

Don't forget to unplug the TV and feed the cable through first so you can just pull the TV out and get it on the counter. That way you don't hang up on anything.
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

BCCDAL
Explorer
Explorer
2QAYL (Dave); Thanks for the info, I won't mention 67 degrees and sunny. Are the 4 bolts lag bolts or machined threads? Thanks
O
OT
2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins Diesel,one ton dually,4x4,Jake Brake
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS Owen & Phyllis and our Australian Shepard Cody

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Dinoburner,

Rising Sun, IN? Love the area down there and always have as you sit right on the Ohio River...beautiful, quaint small town...love riding into Aurora, IN also...we will be down in your area again sometime near the end of April 2009

Anyways...we had ours constructed with a built-in Onan 5500 Marquis Gold generator which is capable of running 2 A/C's and anything else we want at the same time...great generator and very happy that we got it because of the convenience of just having to push an inside button to turn it on...runs on gas but wish Jayco would of had a comparable diesel generator because our tow vehicle uses diesel...we used to have 2 portable Honda generators but the covenience of the built-in far outweighs the 2 Honda's we had...more than likely going to pay anywhere from $2,000 - $4,000 for the built-in type and I would suggest nothing less than a 5500W generator such as an Onan

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
Hi BCCDAL, first, thank you for not telling us how warm it is in Black Canyon City. We, who live in the snowy parts of the world, don't want to know!:)

Removing the TV is a relatively simple job requiring only the removal of the 4 bolts on the brackets that support the set (one on each bracket at each side). You will need someone to assist you and and something to rest the TV on as you remove the bolts. Janice and I did it this fall without too much difficulty using a towel to protect the cabinet top and stacks of paperback books to rest the set on.

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.

dinoburner
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,
First let me say that we love out 2009 35RLTS. It has more room than we evr hoped for and seems to be made well. We unfortunatley didn't get a generator when we bought our unit although it does come with a prep kit. Can anyone give some suggestions on what type of generator to purchase that will run most of our appliances and still is reasonably priced? Thanks

Come-N-Go
Explorer
Explorer
I had to take mine off the wall, there was 2 brackets (long flat bars) that went along the back, and bolted to the wall by the windows. This was the LG tv, I got screwed on the toshiba and got an LG. I got a toshiba to put in and had to use a different bracket as well.......

BCCDAL
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone Tell me hpw to get the 42 inch TV off the back wall? I need to hook up a HDMI cable. Does it just lift up and then out or do you need to take the brackets off? Thanks in advance.

O
OT
2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins Diesel,one ton dually,4x4,Jake Brake
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS Owen & Phyllis and our Australian Shepard Cody

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
My son lives in Chicago, and he emailed me a couple weeks ago with this:

Including Wind Chill, it's currently -31 degrees outside ... remind me again why the **** I'm up here !?!?

All I could do was smile ... ๐Ÿ™‚

After all ... when I was a kid I had to walk to school in the snow ... UP HILL both ways !!! :h

Cruz
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to our world Cruz! ๐Ÿ˜›

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
cruz wrote:

We just spent 4 days down in Apache Junction, AZ (just east of Mesa), and now we're up in Camp Verde, AZ where the temps drop down to the teens at night!! On Wednesday we're heading to Palm Springs for a few days where they're seeing highs in the low 70's !
With these changes in temps I'll probably catch a darn cold ..!!:W

O.K. Everybody lets all shed a tear for poor CRUZ, poor guy has to survive temperatures in the teens!:E

CRUZ, my friend, it is -7 degrees F. outside right now and at that temperature a person's frozen butt falls off after being outside for only 30 seconds. I don't even want to think about the wind chill factor.

New Years will be with friends making something southern and spicy hot to eat. Hope everyone's is a good one!

Dave
Dave & Jan

Come-N-Go
Explorer
Explorer