cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
With our older layout I think you could mount them just inside the streetside storage perpendicular to the original 2, then open the portion of the wall to the existing compartment for ventilation. I would probably line it in aluminum sheeting and make a wall in the storage side removable for access.

Or even box in the low shelf.
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
petekerwien wrote:
M Go Blue- help me understand why you want to replace 2ea 12volts with 2ea 6 volts?
Thanks.

You get more capacity with two 6V batteries than with what I have now...

As for just fitting the two 6V batteries in that compartment is a pain (and I have tried)...

Like I said my eventual plan is to expand to four 6V batteries in preparation to install solar panels in the future...just have to figure out (1) how to fit two 6V batteries in that compartment; (2) where I can put two additional 6V batteries...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

double_clutch
Explorer
Explorer
Hi

I managed to squeeze in two Interstate U2200 6 volts in the battery compartment. I took the trays out and then loaded the trays and the batteries back on the two shelves. VERY tight fit I think on the lower battery I had to bend the top shelf. It is a light metal and can be the bent back. I then toe nailed two light metal screws at an angle to hold the trays in and of course the straps have to be put in with the trays and the batteries. The top of the top battery has just enough room to rotate the battery switch. The adding of water or checking of water is going to be a pain.
Can be done just be prepared for a tight fit and tilting and juggling of batteries to get them in. For such a big 5th wheel they could of given us a couple of more inches.

gl
Don
Don and Penni and our dog Darby
2004 Dodge 3500
2010 Jayco Designer 35 RLTS

petekerwien
Explorer
Explorer
M Go Blue- help me understand why you want to replace 2ea 12volts with 2ea 6 volts?
Thanks.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Ok question for those of yout out there and you know who you are! (:))

I want to replace my two 12V batteries with two 6V batteries but that cramper battery compartment on the side with the two trays won't fit although I wonder if taking out the trays would work????

Anyways...anyone else (besides the above) add more than 2 batteries to yours and if so where did you put the extra batteries? (my future plans include solar panels on top but I need extra batteries first)...keep in mind I have the built-in generator in the front compartment...

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
2QAYL wrote:
M GO BLUE wrote:
Congrats Dave onthe trip to AZ...glad to hear everything went well!

Thanks all for the good wishes on our travel south. We are enjoying the early days of our stay immensly. Cruz was right about us experiencing an aspect of Arizona weather we hadn't seen before but trust me, rain and sunny cool weather is far, far better than the bitter cold and numbing wind chill of winter at home.

We continue to be impressed with the Designer. We entertained Canadian friends who winter in a nearby retirement resort last night and the comfort afforded by this trailer with the big living room and fire place is amazing. I think it is more comfortable than many of the park models we've been in and certainly more nicely appointed.

I hope that there can be more face to face meetings in the future. You won't find a more welcoming couple than Cruz and his wife anywhere and I like to think Jan and I do O.K. for a couple of aging Canucks too. Health permitting we'll be back here again next winter probably for longer than this season. We've also got many relatives in the Seattle area who we visit often so maybe we can catch up with some of the Washington folks some day.

Cheers,

Dave

I only wish some day that us "youngsters" here in Michigan had more time to travel these days but unfortunately there is this nasty thing called "work". Our future plans do include fulltiming but in the mean time if anyone is ever in the area of Michigan or at least close don't hesitate to contact myself and we'll see if we can arrange something.

For now everyone enjoy your travels and as for Dave - please send some of that warmer weather over my way!

yogi154
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't know if any of you Jayco people knew of the Jayco fourm site.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/index.php

Wayne

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
M GO BLUE wrote:

Thanks all for the good wishes on our travel south. We are enjoying the early days of our stay immensly. Cruz was right about us experiencing an aspect of Arizona weather we hadn't seen before but trust me, rain and sunny cool weather is far, far better than the bitter cold and numbing wind chill of winter at home.

We continue to be impressed with the Designer. We entertained Canadian friends who winter in a nearby retirement resort last night and the comfort afforded by this trailer with the big living room and fire place is amazing. I think it is more comfortable than many of the park models we've been in and certainly more nicely appointed.

I hope that there can be more face to face meetings in the future. You won't find a more welcoming couple than Cruz and his wife anywhere and I like to think Jan and I do O.K. for a couple of aging Canucks too. Health permitting we'll be back here again next winter probably for longer than this season. We've also got many relatives in the Seattle area who we visit often so maybe we can catch up with some of the Washington folks some day.

Cheers,

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer

Cruz...we get that same question about staying warm as often as we get the question about how can we be using water in the trailer to cook and clean and to use electricity if we are not hooked up to water or electric! (yes it's true)...

We got our picture window (door side slide by the 2 Lazyboy chairs replaced...we had a thin line going through the middle of the window that we thought would go away but...

Weather here for the last week or so has been above freezing which has been nice but unfortunately this weekend highs are in the teens and lows will be in the single digits...AZ sounds good about now!

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
L&MMusic wrote:
...... Hoping to get to Arizona after that! Maybe we'll finally meet you and Cruz in person.

Keep us posted ... would love to meet you two, and of course catch the act !!

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you had a nice trip, Dave. And glad the rig held up well. Enjoy yourselves! We're heading up to Houston at the beginning of February for the month. RGV has been good to us. Heavily booked for next season. Hoping to get to Arizona after that! Maybe we'll finally meet you and Cruz in person.
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

petekerwien
Explorer
Explorer
Dave: Good job getting south. We are in Indio,Southern California and enjoying looking at the northern weather reports. More rain coming your way, Sat and sun are beautiful, but they tell us more is on our way and then onto you.

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
Sent you a PM Dave ... welcome to AZ !!

Yes ... it DOES rain (and snow) in Arizona folks !! ๐Ÿ™‚

Woke this morning to almost 3" of snow on the ground ... it was GREAT. Snow level was down to 4500' !!

Curious ... when we tell folks we live in our fifth wheel full time, the most common question is "Are you warm enough?"!?! :h

Cruz
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

We beat the terrible Weather to Mesa and got here with good roads all the way from Canada (Saskatchewan). The Designer has performed perfectly in all respects despite recent rains of Biblical proportions here. We had a cool but sunny day today so I cycled the slides and dumped a small lake of water off each awning. Next task is to wash and wax the trailer.

Cruz, I sent a PM to you before I read the good news about the closure of the sale of your house. Sincere congratulations to you!

Cheers,

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.

whporwil
Explorer
Explorer
How about Branson in mid Novemeber? The Christmas shows were great this year and there wasn't a lot of people around.