cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
Still waiting to hear back from Bigfoot on my install. They requested some pictures of my fron landing gear area in relation to my generator box in the front. I wanna make sure it will work 100% before I take the plunge.

Also, ordered a new fabric for my main awning today. I am soooo tired of mine getting filthy so I got one with the "alumaguard" metal wrap. It took a lot of emailing back and forth with my dealer and Carefree to get the exact part number. If anybody else wants to replace theirs, just let me know and I will post that info.
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

yogi154
Explorer
Explorer
Here's my question What will the big foot do to the 2 yr warranty. I have the big foot mailing but just don't know if I want to mess with the Jayco for two yrs.
Wayne

double_clutch
Explorer
Explorer
I used to have a Big Foot on my prior class A , it was installed on a freight liner frame I think.

I miss it big time: HOWEVER I used to twist that frame on that rig at times. Sometimes I would get the door so it was pinched and have a hard time opening and closing and would have to redo my leveling system for that site. I can not give you the size of the rails on that MH. If the frame is strong enough it is a great system Ask Jayco

Gl
Don and Penni
some where on the Oregon Coast
Don and Penni and our dog Darby
2004 Dodge 3500
2010 Jayco Designer 35 RLTS

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
For those looking to get the Bigfoot they are located here in White Pigeon, MI...

I have also looked at getting the bigfoor system andd if I were you I would call Bigfoot and inquire to make the frame of our Designers are sturdy enough to have the system installed...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
whporwil wrote:
Anybody know how thick the floor is in our slideouts. I want to put a couple of screws in the floor but don't want them to be to long. I want to be able to strap down our chairs at the kitchen table.

2008 Designer 35 RLSA

We bungee the legs of 2 chairs together and none of them have ever moved...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think it's that deep. If you could get screws in I wouldn't think they would be something I would strap to. We bought some extra pillows that match the couch. Be put those between each pair and bungy the tops together. Zero problems and scratches.
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

whporwil
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody know how thick the floor is in our slideouts. I want to put a couple of screws in the floor but don't want them to be to long. I want to be able to strap down our chairs at the kitchen table.

2008 Designer 35 RLSA

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Ummmm Yeah.... I would like to know how that works out too. I would think about installing it.
Dana and Natalie

RedG
Explorer
Explorer
Please let us know how it comes out if you have the bigfoot installed. Might just be the final push I need.. ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024 DP 370 Cummins
Towing my 2012 Malibu w/Blue Ox towbar & Patriot brake system

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
I was quoted right at $4k installed. Would have to take it to Lakeland, Fla for the install. Hey, the way I look at it, its cheaper than buying a new 5er!!

I want to simplify my set up and abitlity to go from place to place.

RedG
Explorer
Explorer
A buddy of mine just bought a Cameo with the bigfoot on it. It's made me think about getting a bigfoot for my Designer. But I think just the kit was $3850 not including install. I might be able to do it myself or maybe not. At that price, it's gonna take quite a bit more thinking. Levelling blocks are cheap.
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024 DP 370 Cummins
Towing my 2012 Malibu w/Blue Ox towbar & Patriot brake system

Dr_Gonzo
Explorer
Explorer
Yes we do! As a side rant the new and improved Eagle which is to replace the Designer niche has 10"

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody else thought about installing a leveling system on their Designer? I am really leaning towards the Bigfoot system here in the next few months. I am in this thing quite a bit now and if I want to be able to pick up and go places, be nice to not have to worry about leveling it up.

Dont we have a 12" box frame on these models?

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
On the Toilet.... I fumbled my way through Therfords site and found ours. It wasn't really clear on how it came apart.

On the cable.... I put our in a protective conduit and ran it along the gas piping which took me past the stairs, then up the curb side to the battery box area and up to the front compartment. This is where our wireless transmitter is. I think you may be able to get to the pin from there w/o pulling anything off.
Dana and Natalie

petekerwien
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone run a video cable from the truck to the rear of their designer? If so where did you run it.

Thanks.