cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
I was filling the tanks for draining when I noticed it... I drained the tanks, but left the water connected and pressurized and it seemed to slow down so I think it's tank related. I did open the greys to balance the levels which I don't do alot so it could be that the back side of the valve is loose or has a leak. Only when balancing tanks is when it has water on it for more than a minute.

The insulation information is depressing.. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

whporwil
Explorer
Explorer
CHV_FRK wrote:
I'm having the same issue with my RLSA, except this weekend I have something dripping from the underbelly up in that same area. Mine will be coming off soon as well. I don't believe it's water line related... maybe part of my black tank valve leak. Oh what fun!

It looks like the insulation is one piece so your leak could come from anywhere. Make sure it's not in your plumbing that your have access to behind the sliding walls in your storage area. Also check the shower trap, mine was loose and leaking water.

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
Nice, full body paint and the 4 door fridge. But, the bedroom storage is lacking as it is in my current one. I have the washer/dryer and that takes a lot of storage. I hope there are more floor plans.
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

DURACO
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'll probably upgrade to one in about 10 years. I may be able to afford a 2011 model by then.
05 Chev,cc,sb,d/a
05 Jayco Designer 31rls

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
Well, those Pinnacles are about all it takes to get a guy slobbering all over himself! :B
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here are some videos of the new Pinnacles:

36REQS
36RETS

Kinda of dissapointed. Looks like a Designer with different name. Thought they would really upgrade it to a Mobile Suite/Carri-Lite level.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
CHV_FRK wrote:
I'm having the same issue with my RLSA, except this weekend I have something dripping from the underbelly up in that same area. Mine will be coming off soon as well. I don't believe it's water line related... maybe part of my black tank valve leak. Oh what fun!

When we first opend the Designer in March of this year and soon after filling with water we had a leak...it was located middle of the underside of the Designer just past the steps toward the front and was leaking through the underbelly and insulation and onto the ground...ended up being a drain valve that was loose (can't think of all the loose fitting I have tightened to date and the story about the electrical fittings on the big slide are another story) and was fixed under warranty by the dealer...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Howard,

How is life in the great state of Washington these days?

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
CHV_FRK wrote:
cruz wrote:
We left our shocks off when we raised the suspension a couple of years ago. Moryde said we really didn't need the shocks. Been using it this way ever since !!

BTW ... they're Monroe shocks. Dealer wanted $150 + install for 4. NAPA wanted something like $20 each !?!

CRUZ

Cruz

Did you know what the new length should be? I've also raised my suspension.

No I don't ... but Moryde offered to sell me the new shocks for something like $30 or $35 a piece ... back in 2008 when I raised it ...

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

whporwil
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, yesterday I removed the second section under my trailer so I could get to the valve for my black tank. This isn't fun because my gas line was on top of some of the screws holding the cover on. A chisel took care of them. You do have to cut the insulation behind the cover because it appears to be one piece and the valve is right behind that. My problem was toilet paper, I must have closed the valve while there was some in the way. This did not allow my drain valve to close all the way. I also cut the 3.5 drain pipe and put in a rubber boot to help with the reassembly. There are two rubber gaskets on each side of the valve you have to get back in and they can be a bugger. Make sure you have no leaks before you close everything back up. I had to do this a couple of times to get it right, in fact I haven't put any covers back on. Foil tape will close up the insulation and you will need new screws for the cover.

If the handle on your black tank doesn't go in as far as it once did you may have the same problem.

2008 Designer 35 RLSA

petekerwien
Explorer
Explorer
Frank thanks: the solution was cut off the ends of the inner shaft which slides inside the outer shaft, drill new holes, new pins and turn the gear over to use the pin hole on the other side and that seems to have fixed it. I have lots of bolts for pins, but taking the belly pan on and off is a pain. I'm an expert now after doing this.;)

As for the black tank handle-try a bag or a couple of bags of ice drive for a bit and let them rattle around in there and see if you can knock free whatever is jamming your valve. If your tank is empty maybe letting the ice cubes rattle through the valve opening will free it up.
If it works a cheap fix.

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
petekerwien,
If you are breaking shear pins then you are jamming the slide against something or it has caught on something under it. I would try to manually crank it in and see if you feel any resistance to that. If not, then try manually cranking it out and see if it hits something on the way out. I would suspect that there is something under the floor that is jamming it. At least you have 24 hours of daylight to find the trouble! :B
Good luck.
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
@petekerwien -- sorry, no problems there (yet!)
@whporwil -- Dang! I wish we could help you -- sorry -- got nothin'. Good luck!
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

whporwil
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody! I have a 2008 35RLSA Designer with a black tank problem. I can't close the T handle all the way after draining my tank. Now I have noticed that liquid waste is still getting by the valve leaving the solid stuff behind. To clean the tank out I add water in the tolit and drain it right away. Anybody ever work on a drain valve? How did you get to it?