cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Designer 35RLTS and Jayco Talk...Thanks Frank!!

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
Since there does not currently seem to be a Jayco owners forum, Moderator Frank has graciously allowed this thread. It will be for discussing Jayco related questions and comments. Anything not Jayco related will be deleted. Sounds more than fair to me. Thank-you Frank!
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS
1,450 REPLIES 1,450

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
After shifting weight to the truck, I have a video showing it draining for about 5 mins at a slow pour. I've checked all the higher possible points of entry. I'm almost positive its in the lower section.

They are going to strip the front down sometime next week to check everything out. My pin leans a little one way and flexes a decent amount when setting the weight on it. I'm hoping I don't have any real structural issues.
Dana and Natalie

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD High Country DRW CC LB 4x4
-60 Aux Tank/Toolbox, Line-X, Full Tint, AirSafe 25K Hitch

2018 Jayco Seismic 4113, 45'7", 17,800lbs w/o the Toys.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
CHV_FRK wrote:
Yes. We just had ours replaced. We would get all sorts of weird issues. Even hot water in the toilet... Kinda crazy seeing it "steaming" when your done with it! "I swear, it wasn't THAT bad!"

That's 1 mixings valves so far for us. I'm not sure if it's the water or maybe draining and that's aiding in corrosion. I've seen that they maybe serviceable. I'm sure that will be attempted on the next go around since our warranty is up in 3 months. I was not allowed to work on it myself prior. *edit* Location is at the water heater on the upper output stub. Should be where you bypass ties in cold supply and hot. *edit*

We still have to take our unit in for some major water collection under the nose. We think it's the lower trim on the sides that breaks the seal everytime you transfer weight to the pin..... at least I hope that's what it is.

Hoping to go somewhere this comming weekend.!

We had water come out of a seam just one time a few months ago under the nose...nothing before that and nothing since...I attribute it to a rainstorm we drove home in...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. We just had ours replaced. We would get all sorts of weird issues. Even hot water in the toilet... Kinda crazy seeing it "steaming" when your done with it! "I swear, it wasn't THAT bad!"

That's 1 mixings valves so far for us. I'm not sure if it's the water or maybe draining and that's aiding in corrosion. I've seen that they maybe serviceable. I'm sure that will be attempted on the next go around since our warranty is up in 3 months. I was not allowed to work on it myself prior. *edit* Location is at the water heater on the upper output stub. Should be where you bypass ties in cold supply and hot. *edit*

We still have to take our unit in for some major water collection under the nose. We think it's the lower trim on the sides that breaks the seal everytime you transfer weight to the pin..... at least I hope that's what it is.

Hoping to go somewhere this comming weekend.!
Dana and Natalie

BCCDAL
Explorer
Explorer
Where is the valve located at?

Owen
OT
2006 Dodge 3500 Cummins Diesel,one ton dually,4x4,Jake Brake
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS Owen & Phyllis and our Australian Shepard Cody

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about that one. My biggest concern is that mine is way too hot. When in the shower, you almost have to turn the hot water all the way off to not get burned. Problem is that you loose all your water pressure then!!! Has anybody adjusted their mixing valve?
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent news, Cruz! Glad to hear that the repair went so well.

Our latest annoyance - Jan had the Grandkids out for a few days and to her dismay the hot water wasn't hot. Just a gush of hot then luke warm at best. Our dealer's service manager says it's a common problem with the proportional mixing valve and they will replace it tomorrow. Anyone else with this problem?

Cheers,

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick update ...

Got the 5'er back yesterday, and it looks great! Even though we have no plans to travel any time soon, it's nice to have it back in our driveway.
As I mentioned above, Jayco doesn't make the same style trim any longer, and it became a nightmare trying to match trim style AND the color .. so I did a little research and found a local company with an outstanding reputation for wood repair. The dealer took them the damaged pieces and they had 'em all fixed up in a few days. Can't even tell where the damage was.

Cruz
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

eaherrmann
Explorer
Explorer
Cruz, we feel your pain on the closing the slides on the open glass doors....I got one slide and the DW got the other. Luckily we heard the difference in the motor sound and realized our mistake. We are in Middleburg today to visit the Jayco factory and I hoped to find out about the replacement trim. We also found a hairline crack in the dual pane window above the fridge so we'll address that as well. Lookng forward to seeing the newest models ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed & Elizabeth
Copper
2007 Dodge Ram 3500,QC,LB,DRW,4x4 w/6.7 CTD (BlueTec), 6 speed auto, Factory Exhaust Brake
B&W companion hitch over sprayed in liner
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Onan 5500, Polar Barrier
Army/Navy retired

L_MMusic
Explorer
Explorer
What a bummer, Cruz. Hang in there!

Congrats to Jan!!!
Melissa
Husband Larry
Cocker Spaniel Henry
2008 F-350 Dually Short Bed
Reese 16K Hitch w/ Kwik Slide

Whatever you can do, or DREAM you can, BEGIN it. BOLDNESS has genius, power and MAGIC in it. (Goethe)

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Sorry to hear about the damage, Cruz, but hopefully you will get it back better than new. You sure have had your trials with your local dealer.

Jan's last day of work forever is tomorrow....she is one :B:B:B Lady!

Dave
Dave & Jan
2005 Dodge 3500 SLT, LB, 2WD, DRW, NV5600 6-speed, 3.73 gears, Jacobs Exhaust Brake, BD X-Monitor for Boost & EGT, AFE System 2 Intake and Cat-Back Exhaust, Lund Boards and Flaps, & Tonneau Cover.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Gee cruz....and i thought us waiting on our 3rd (yes THIRD) convec/microwave oven to come in was bad enough...

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

cruz
Explorer
Explorer
We're still waiting to get our rig back from the dealer!!

I'm sure you all remember when the dealer dropped our 5'er on thier truck !?!? What I did not tell you folks is, when we went to pick it up after those repairs ... (just before our Memorial Week trip), some idiot at the dealer had closed BOTH the large slides when the glass doors on the Entertainment center were open!! AND NEVER TOLD anyone about it !!! Took big chunks of wood out of the Slide Trim on both sides, and of course ripped the smoked glass doors right out of the wood, gouging out part of the front of the Entertainment Center. It took me this long to calm down enough to write about it so the Moderators would't delete all my *&#!@%$? words .. :B
Anyway ... The wood they relaced on the entertainment center turned out great, but it seems Jayco no longer makes the same style trim for the slides, and the new trim doesn't fit OR match the trim across the top ... so the dealer is having to replace ALL the trim around both slides in the living room to get it all to match. If this wasn't so comical I would really be P.O'd !!
They've had the camper since the first week of June and have asked me to take it home and then bring it back when they get all the parts. I said no way ... when I take it back it's going to be perfect. I figure if anything else happens to the 5'er while they have it, they may as well prep up the new 2010 35RLTS they have on their lot ... in EXCHANGE for the one they've damaged ... Wonder how THAT will go over ?!?

DW keeps saying ... "take a deep breath ... and another ... and another ...". Can't figure, I end up hyperventalating every time !! :S

CRUZ
HR & Beth

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500HD, DRW, D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and RED
Cassie - pure Black Giant Schnauzer
Mollie - pure White Mini Schnauzer (the boss)

CHV_FRK
Explorer
Explorer
We use the pillows along with bungies for all of our chairs, dining included. This keeps wear from being an issue.

Well we just came back from a trip to WV. Had a good time and the RLSA performed great. I did notice that now the pump does not cycle as much as it used to with the shower fully on. Flow was fine as well as pressure, but I do recall that it used to cycle on and off with the water just on. Of course we left the awning out and a storm rolled in. We got the story of the awning flapping up and all over the place but it was done when we got back. Never leaving it out to dry ever again! Our rear stabilizers also would not go down and tripped a breaker... or whatever they are wired through. A quick shot of lube and a couple wacks got them moving again. Just remember to clean and grease that shaft every once in a while!

Love this truck, although that new Banks speedbrake would have been cool on the 8% grades. Ok, at least on the way down them.
Dana and Natalie

sanderson_66
Explorer
Explorer
M GO BLUE wrote:
loydt wrote:
Blue, for tv just slide the panel back as if you were accessing your central vac. Look for the grey coax cable there. If you have the ext entertainment center you will see where they installed a splitter for it. Just use that splitter for a tv hook up but remember if you want to feed a seperate satt receiver there you cannot use a splitter. FYI, that coax continues on to feed your bedroom tv so if you disconnect it to watch tv outside you cannot watch in the bedroom.

The plan is to disconnect the cable at the splitter where it goes to the bedroom and then screw-in the cable from the basement TV when we want to do that...when finished we'll switch the cables back
Any electronics store should carry a switchable splitter. It has one or more inputs and one or more outputs with a selector switch built in. This eliminates the need to disconnect and reconnect the cables...just slide the selector switch to get desired input to desired TV. Sounds like you just may need a splitter with more outputs.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie, CTD 6.7, 6 speed auto,DRW,QC,LB,4X4

2QAYL
Explorer
Explorer
Have any others noticed fabric wear on the back of their fabric -upholstered recliners? Jan noticed that at the top left hand back corner of one recliner and at the right top back corner on the other the fabric had been cut through by a sharp-edged metal angle piece under the fabric that makes the corner tight and square. I ride with the recliners back-to-back, one covered with the vinyl cover, and tied with the strap provided but there must be sufficient movement to cause the wear and cutting. Our dealer's service manager said it was a common problem and that he will have them reupholstered under warranty.

I think that in future I'll be looking for some way to cushion the corners.

Cheers,

Dave
Dave & Jan