cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detailed wiring schematic

Gary_T_
Explorer
Explorer
We own a 2008 NUWA Hitchhiker II LS 29.5 FKTG and I am looking for a detailed wiring schematic for it. We have no power to the overhead reading lights located beneath the overhead storage cabinets in the bedroom slide out or to the belly compartment light directly below on the driver side only (3 lights don't work 2 reading and 1 storage light). All the fuses test good and so do the lights when removed and ohmed, tested lights on a external 12v battery source and the bulbs are good. I need to find out how and where the circuit is wired and where the circuit wiring is run within the chassis. Thank you
10 REPLIES 10

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Good luck on that one! In 63 years of life, I've never known an RV manufacturer to publish the wiring, plumbing, mechanical, or manufacturing schematics on any of their campers, none, nada, zip! It's something they just don't publish.

I got drawing for 120 volt wiring, 12 volt wiring, 120 volt load center, 12 volt load center, roof framing, drain plumbing and fresh water plumbing from Jayco for my 2010 model. sometimes all you need to do is ask!!

Plus I was able to get electronic PDF's of users manuals for every piece of equipment in the rig. Some of these Jayco sent me and some I had to find myself on the manufacturers web sites.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would drop the underbelly portion near the slide first and look for obvious chafing etc. If I had no luck there I would splice into a tail light wire or marker light.
Plan B would be to save myself a lot of work and buy 2 battery led reading lights and one storage light.
Puma 30RKSS

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
1995brave wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Good luck on that one! In 63 years of life, I've never known an RV manufacturer to publish the wiring, plumbing, mechanical, or manufacturing schematics on any of their campers, none, nada, zip! It's something they just don't publish.

Winnebago does. It's even on-line.

I stand corrected! 🙂

So does Dynamax. 🙂

No idea on Nuwa, though.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
Kansas RV

The place to go for anything NuWa.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, you can get schematics, but good d@mn luck if they actually =match= what's actually been built. 😞

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Solve half of the puzzle. Find out which side you lost. Check by running an extra long ground wire up to the light to see if it lost ground, then use the jumper to run a known good positive to the positive side of the light to see if it lost power.

Back track to other lights that are near there that are working and see if they are in the chain or the last fixture in the run. It not unusual to find a loose wire nut.

bluie5
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco does but you have to ask for them.
2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC PSD SRW 4x4
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
1995brave wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:

I stand corrected! 🙂

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer