cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Does anyone know if a 2011 Palomino Sabre is a good 5er

robogobucks
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a 2011 5er to buy, We now have a 2003 Newmar. Is this a good 5er, Would appreciate any info about it, good or bad.
7 REPLIES 7

SanMarMor
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 Sabre. It is not an entry level, but a mid level. There are things I wish were better quality, but then for what we paid for it, I have what we paid for.

We are on our sixth season, and we still love it. As people talk about this 5er or that on here, I'm always going and looking them up. I have never found a floor plan I like as good as the one we have. We had a few minor issues during warranty, but that is all. I wish it had some of the newer gadgets, like levelers, but it works for us very well, just as it is.

See my sig for what our 5er is. Ask me questions if you have them.
Mark
2007.5 Chevy 3500HD Crew DMax Dually 4x4 w/ Curt Q5 20K Hitch
2011 Sabre 31RETS-6 w/ TrailAir Pin

44 nights in 2013, 37 nights in 2014, 27 nights in 2015, 29 nights in 2016
34 nights in 2017, 27 in 2018

http://camping.morrises.com/

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah the Sabre is a Mid level 5er(still nice) my neighbor has one and likes it BUT the Palimino Columbus would be their upper level 5er
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Like zackyboys, we too had a Sabre TT. I believe it was a 2010 model and it had the rear master bedroom. If I didn't prefer a toy hauler so much and was going to just a regular 5th wheel, a Sabre would absolutely be one I would consider.

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
Look for an owner's group online. They will be your best resource to ask.

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Sabre line is not an entry level RV. We had a TT and the construction was pretty good. Solid wooden cabinets & nice interior.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Palomino vs. a Newmar....no comparison. I think you will be disappointed in the Palomino when you look back at the Newmar.

Palomino is an entry level RV. If you want to keep some quality in the newer RV look for HitchHiker, Carriage Cameo, Excel, Sunnybrook, Arctic Fox.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
I would keep the Newmar ,paint it and redo the interior ,set of hydraulic levers and any other modern advances and you have a better trailer for less cost.
Unless the sabre is bigger and you need the room,but no its not a better trailer then the one you have ,but Iam a Newmar fan ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-