cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double towing 5th wheel jet ski

benbovac
Explorer
Explorer
I am KY based where double towing is legal. I'm seeking to tow my 5th wheel along with jet ski to Key West Fl area this summer. I understand that double towing is illegal in FL, however I have personally seen it done many times and have spoke to several people that haven't had any issues within Florida.

Is anyone aware of a "swivel type" mount trailer that can be used for such a tow that can still be used to put the craft into water attached to the truck and be legal in such states as Florida?

Thank you.
BenBovAC
2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW
2019 Jayco NothPoint :

😛
16 REPLIES 16

Tin_Pusher
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, I double tow w/ a normal trailer for the 'Doo, but haven't been to FLA. I dunno about the legals of it there.
Tin Pusher's Guide To Successful RV'ing: "Don't get mad, don't get in a hurry"

2002 1500HD
2002 Wilderness 265H
1997 Seadoo GTI
1952 Wife;)

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Are you referring to one of these: Click here.

Every state has their own rules, and how much they enforce those rules too.

I do know, in Indiana, the use of the "swivel wheel" trailer is legal, even behind a 5er or a TT. But, because it has a wheel, and the wheel touches the ground, it has to be registered and licensed as a trailer, have it's own license plate, and be equipped with turn signals and brake lights. Because it's under 3000 pounds it does not need a brake.

The carriers that attach to the rear, via a receiver hitch, or even mounted via the frame, does not need any kind of license because it has no wheel that touches the ground.

Like I said, every state has their own peculiar laws. How much one state honors the laws of another state, is really a state-to-state issue. Best to check with DMV or law enforcement of the visiting state.