cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Entry Hand rails

clotus
Explorer
Explorer
I just picked up a new 5th-wheel and will do the official "new RV" thread once I get some more pictures. I have a 2-year-old and I would like to get a rail system for the entry to help her in and out. I figure it would help her for at least 2-3 years. I am aware of the Tork-lift glow steps, but I do not like the install as I do not need them to be that stout. I found the Telescoping Rail Mate on camping worlds website. I like the idea that I can put it on and remove it for travel. Has anyone used one? Thoughts? Its about $120.

For your viewing pleasure....

Thanks!
Current: 2017 Winnebago 31K
(Sold): 5th wheel: 2015 Heartland Sundance XLT 245
9 REPLIES 9

Showme_5vr
Explorer
Explorer
jody h you know what they say if you have to ask you can't afford it. So I have to ask, how much?
Thanks
Steve & Judy 2023 RAM 3500 6.7L Cummins HO Crew Cab LWB, 2017 Grand Design Reflections 337RLS
Lifetime Good Sam Member

clotus
Explorer
Explorer
I think I am going to pull the trigger. Cheap enough that it is worth it if it will help my daughter in and out. I have some Seadec foam leftover from re-finishing my boats swimstep that I am going to test out on the steps themselves to reduce the heat and make them softer to walk on barefoot. I will let you all know how it works out.....stay tuned.
Current: 2017 Winnebago 31K
(Sold): 5th wheel: 2015 Heartland Sundance XLT 245

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
Duck wrote:
jody h wrote:
I bought a set of these Cant be more happy with them. Best money ihave spent.

These are nice steps but with a 2yr old I think that he might be looking for a hand rail closer to the step.
Don

The reason i posted this is because the rise on the steps are less. Plus you can talk with the guy who makes them and he might be able to add a hand rail lower to where you have one and the kid could have one.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Please post if you get it. I think it would be good for my soon to be 3 year old and my mother-in-law with balance issues.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
jody h wrote:

These are nice steps but with a 2yr old I think that he might be looking for a hand rail closer to the step.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
We have one, but for us "old folks" not the younger set. I works great. Highly recommend it, very sturdy.
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Congrats on the new FW. I have not used a rail system, but to me it would just be in the way.

With the doors opening out, it is handy at times to reach things in the trailer, from that side of steps.

With a little 2 year old, I think it would be better to have carpet on the steps. You could show them how to crawl in, and back down, on the padded steps.

Jerry

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
Our little one is now 4. We would not let her on the steps without one of us until see was able to use the hand holds herself. Actually, when she was 3 she figured out if she took my fire poker and stuck the wooden handle in the outside door latch, she could use the 3' length as a lever and pop the latch, opening the door. I'd be more concerned with her opening the door or the screen door and dumping herself out of the camper.

Congrats on the new camper.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.