cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Evergreen Tesla

Midtown
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone own one? I've been doing tons of reading on toy haulers for a few years and even time i narrow it down to one I found something I don't like about them. My list of wants is high but there almost all build quality specific. being as Evergreen went under I think there is less info floating around. Here are my questions if anyone has any answers,

I'm looking at the Tesla 3212

Frame: I saw a video of one of there other models that says they used a Dexter frame. I wonder if the Tesla does too?

Axles: What rating are they and are they Dexter?

Walls: I found that they use the Compoitek walls, is this all 6? Roof too?

How do you like yours?
9 REPLIES 9

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tons of trailers are built with vacuum bonded walls Not a big deal. I don't think Dexter builds trailer frames...Bet it's a Lippert. I wouldn't buy a orphan. If they do have any proprietary parts you'll be out of luck..Terrible resale value if you decide to get out of it..If they are so great why are they gone??

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Midtown
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
I'm just wondering why you'd consider buying a unit from a company that is no longer in business. If you end up with a lemon (of which there are many in the RV world) you'd be out of luck.

Well I'm looking at used. Toy haulers mostly. With used your on your own anyways. The only problem would be if he walls of front cap had an issue. Everything else is generic and can be fixed. It has a great layout and has a lot of features that others don't. I would only buy one if it was cheap as there is risk in buying one.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just wondering why you'd consider buying a unit from a company that is no longer in business. If you end up with a lemon (of which there are many in the RV world) you'd be out of luck.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Midtown
Explorer
Explorer
Found this. Even though the outside walls are probably wood, the fact that the Vacuum Bonded must count for something? Are there any other TH's that even offer Vacuum Bonded Walls?

As with all Tesla models, the T3950 is built with EverGreenโ€™s DuraLite double-welded aluminum frame in the walls and floor. Teslaโ€™s outer walls are built with EverGreenโ€™s signature vacuum lamination process while the inner walls are built with long-lasting, durable ComposiTek. The six-point Level Up leveling system is another standard feature that makes unhitching and re-hitching hassle-free.

Midtown
Explorer
Explorer
fred42 wrote:
I had a 2012 Evergreen Everlite fifth wheel. Although Evergreen pioneered the extensive use of composite with the Everlite line (no luan or plywood anywhere in 2012), most of the other lines just rode on the reputation and wood even crept back into the Everlite line. When I looked at Tesla, it was my understanding that the composite was only used on the inner walls. No doubt this would help with famaldahide gassing but not exterior delamination. Floor is plywood. I'm sure roof is too. My composite floor experience was not that great. Evergreen used a foam component in the composite floor that compressed over time and caused the floor to sag under weight and let the laminate flooring appear loose.

Since I needed an 18' garage, I had to go with non-separate garage models and had to stop all efforts at being a material or component quality snob.

It must be tough looking a units when the factory site is down. I did find a link to this brochure that may help:

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/resources/brochures/2016-Tesla.pdf

This what I was worried about. Wood on the outside is not favourable. I do prefer the plywood floor. I wish there was a way to confirm weather or not the outside walls were wood or Compositek. What Toy Hauler did you end up with? Cyclone 3418?

Y-Guy
Being they are completely gone, and nobody bought their assets I wouldn't buy one at a "new" price even if its on the lot. I'd want a bargain price. They were innovative but in this market they should have been able to survive and thrive like the others are doing. Fact that nobody bought their assets is strange too. Orphaned units can be tough to sell, just be cautious and do lots of home work and a detailed inspection.

western has a point. Everything about them, to me, indicated marketing ploy. From Evergreen to Tesla they were just a play on the emotional aspect. "Green" and "Tesla" are just words. Look for quality.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
I have seldom seen any product that attempted to trade on pop culture icons be either quality or value. A few years ago, every new Italian restaurant had a "Sopranos" themed name. I never found one that even rose to average. Trading on the name Tesla just tells me they are trying to convey a message their product otherwise does not. Not saying it isn't a great product, but their naming decision tells me they are looking for shortcuts for a reputation, rather than trying to earn it.

fred42
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2012 Evergreen Everlite fifth wheel. Although Evergreen pioneered the extensive use of composite with the Everlite line (no luan or plywood anywhere in 2012), most of the other lines just rode on the reputation and wood even crept back into the Everlite line. When I looked at Tesla, it was my understanding that the composite was only used on the inner walls. No doubt this would help with famaldahide gassing but not exterior delamination. Floor is plywood. I'm sure roof is too. My composite floor experience was not that great. Evergreen used a foam component in the composite floor that compressed over time and caused the floor to sag under weight and let the laminate flooring appear loose.

Since I needed an 18' garage, I had to go with non-separate garage models and had to stop all efforts at being a material or component quality snob.

It must be tough looking a units when the factory site is down. I did find a link to this brochure that may help:

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/resources/brochures/2016-Tesla.pdf
2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just found one guy
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman