cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

extended warranties

mikewats
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had dealing with Wholesale Warranties Company? Just cancelled Good Sams due to their abilities to collect payments and not supply coverage. They try to turn down any claims and you have to fight like hell and then they pay a fraction of the claim. Buyers beware!!!
Mikewats
06 Dodge 3500DRW-5.9 Banks Econo-tuner, High Ram intake, Ram Air Intake Sys.
2011 Carriage Cameo 36 FWS, 17.5 Michelin
11 REPLIES 11

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
While some may have had good luck with non-OEM warranty companies many of us have been screwed over by them. In my case I never used the plan but when I applied for the refund at the conclusion the company went bankrupt and thousands of us lost out. BEWARE!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
They are in it to make money off of you. Take that money, put it aside for your own personal maintenance insurance policy. Between what you can fix yourself, Youtube is your friend, & the occasional professional need you should come out way ahead.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
4x4ord wrote:
If you can afford to live without extra warranty on your stuff you'll likely die wealthier than had you paid the premiums for extra coverage. However, I find there to be certain things that I enjoy using more when I know they are covered against theft so I've purchased theft insurance for my motorcycle and motorcycle trailer.....Most things I don't bother with nonmandatory insurance or warranty.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Delete
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Shane_Ramstrom
Explorer
Explorer
I am on my second RV with Wholesale Warranties. On my first RV my warranty more than paid for itself with no hassle what so ever. I would highly recommend them. I spoke with Buddy, he was more than helpful in setting me up with the right package. I believe they are a warranty broker.

Impulse24
Explorer
Explorer
The only winners are the Company and the Finance guy who gets a commission for selling the policy.
If you decline the sales guy wants you to still sign stating you refuse the policy, so they still get a commission. When I last refused to sign the Sales guy got angry so I walked. Also on American Greed recently it was stated that policies are frequently changed in order to decline a claim.
As others have said they are not woth the paper they are printed on. Save the premium and pay for the repairs yourself...

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Save your money and make a budget. When something happens to the camper and it needs a repair you are not able to fix yourself, you'll have the money to get it fixed. Add to the fund consistently, and if you never have to use it, then you'll have a nice down payment amount for a new one someday!

Those warranties will find every loop-hole imaginable and, as you've experienced, will not pay the full value anyway! Why have them at all?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 there just a bunch of words that sound good.start your own.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'd never have one unless it was a factory one... Warranty insurance companies are like any other company, in business to make money from you, the end user.

You'd be farther ahead to bank a set amount each month toward issues and then use that versus paying a for profit company for insurance that you might not ever use.

No 'fine print' with a savings account for emergency.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used WW for my last warranty. Jeff Shelton is the owner. He personally helped me choose the right policy. Understand they are a service contract and as such it's imperative you read the fine print. He sent me a blank copy of the contract so I could read it over before signing etc. Only caveat I'd give you is to look/ask for an exclusionary contract. That means everything that is EXCLUDED is listed in the contract. If it's NOT LISTED, it's covered. Also, I paid $75 extra for the weasel clause to be deleted. Insurance was thru Allegiant and they were excellent to deal with. All claims I filed were completed and paid for within a reasonable time frame. Ask at some of the local repair shops who they deal with. They will tell you who the deadbeat companies are....Jeff's number is 800-939-2806 or Jeff@wholesalewarranties.net...Good luck...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm afraid you will find the same experience with most if not all of these outfits....

Lots of pages of fine print, exclusions and strict requirements... and most often you will get, "Claim Denied."
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro