cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Failure of slideout

titmouse
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 1997 Skyline Nomad. We are English and this is our first RV, we were used to tent camping in UK. We have had the Nomad since about 2004. While returning from Texas last month the slide out stopped working on the electric/hydraulic control. The front legs have also stopped working electrically. Any suggestions welcome.
3 REPLIES 3

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
The front landing gear and slide out power is wired directly to trailer battery

As suggested......low battery voltage OR blown fuse in power line to landing gear and to slide out (each will have their own circuit)
May have a DC Circuit Breaker instead of a fuse. DC Circuit breaker will look like a small terminal with 2 studs.

Oh by the way.......I am Scottish with a mix of French :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Check battery with meter, should show 12.6, not on shore power. Low battery will not operate slide or landing gear. If battery is strong, look for in line fuse/circuit breaker, not far from battery. It could be just inside basement.

Jerry

Coach-man
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with the Nomad, but sounds like a common problem. I would first check fuses, there may be an in line fuse that feeds both the slide as well as the landing gear. Start at the Battery, and see if there is a 12 volt fuse that is blown. If it is then you're ou need to determine why it blew! Good Luck.