cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

theft deterrent

dennyida
Explorer
Explorer
Just a question on theft deterrent. Is there some type of lock that can go on the pin to keep someone from hooking up and going off with it? I know , a dumb question, but we are putting our baby away for winter storage and won`t be able to watch it all the time. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
This is something I just can't get a handle on. I don't think I have ever heard of people going around stealing fifth wheels, unless they figure to put it way up in the woods for hunting or something. I guess it comes down to where you are storing it, maybe not the best choice.
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

blacktop
Explorer
Explorer
They make one that looks like a short pipe. It slides over the pin and there's a slot cut-out to put a heavy padlock in. If you google fifth wheel pin lock, I'm sure you'll find it.

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious if during storage a person should just take the pin box off, would that not really deter someone?
Overkill perhaps, but seems like for storage of any length that would be just the ticket.
Mine sits from year to year, but it is in my backyard.

dennyida
Explorer
Explorer
THANK YOU, We just made a order for our new lock from amazon. Thank you so much!!! (new to 5-th wheel world)

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
When we got our 1st 5er I asked long haul truckers what they used. They almost exclusively recommended War-lok. Its not cheap but it is really well made.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah there are a lot of them:

Amazon
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Do a google search for 5th. wheel pin lock will show many.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU