cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback from current Dutchman Voltage RV owners

Straykats
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 3200 Dutchman Voltage on order and I was reading their Facebook Page and read some horrible reviews about quality. (Voltage reviews 1&2 under comments)Would current owners please let me know the good and bad of this product. If bad did they take care of the problems. If yours is a 2012 built have they improved quality control? I have a very looooooong PDI list to check rig but concerned about all the issues. Thanks
2011 SD Ford F350 6.71 V8 Diesel 4x4
2013 Dutchmen 3200 Voltage
143 REPLIES 143

DodgeVoltage
Explorer
Explorer
I've been living in mine since mid-December. It's a 3795 Epic. I really love the trailer. I have had and am still having some issues though. The worst problem was a slide out that wouldn't move without wedging. Lippert sent a mobile tech out, after the dealer had no idea what to do with it. The tech replaced the slide rails and motors. Came to find that a rail had been installed an 1/8th of an inch off and when he realigned the rail it worked like a champ. The tech is an east coast rep and was awesome. Go straight to Lippert if you have slide issues. They are good to work with. My main slide still wedges, but the tech told me not to slide it unless the levelers are down. Too much torque in the frame if it is not supported in the middle causes a long slide to wedge. Haven't tried it yet, but will in two weeks when I move (have been in the same location since December).

My main slide window leaked as well as a window in the garage. Dealer resealed all the windows, but the slide window still leaked. I just went to Lowe's and bought black caulking and went over the top of the frameless window with a bead. Hasn't leaked since and I can't tell I did it. Good to go on that.

Back up cam's signal strength sucks. Cam company is sending me an extension to locate the antenna closer to my truck. Hopefully fixes the intermittent signal issue.

Vent van on my microwave doesn't work. Have a mobile RV repairman working to get me a new microwave under warranty to fix that (have to replace it all).

Keyless entry pad didn't work on the outside. Mobile tech worked with manufacturer of the keypad to program it to work with the receiver. Works great now.

My air mattress was missing and a cabinet door had a hole in it. The dealer in Oklahoma ordered them and are going to send them to me tomorrow.

Wheel center caps have been recalled. Still haven't had those replaced yet. They say to not pull it until they have been replaced. Kinda hard to not pull it when the nearest dealer is 60 miles away.

I think those are all the issues I have had. I pulled it from Oklahoma City to Washington DC, where I live now, and it did great on the trip. The roads were less than fun in places. No additional damage, so I was impressed.

Bottom line, I've had small issues, but nothing that stopped me from using it. I love the features of the Epic package. It is a big, great looking machine. I bought a Smart car and haul it in the garage. Best accessory I ever bought for it!
2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
2009 GMC 2500HD D/A Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen 3795 Voltage Epic Package
2012 Smart Fortwo Passion
2017 Smart Fortwo Proxy
AD USAF 1996-2011 1700+ hrs E-3B/C AWACS
NYANG 2011-Present

K-State Wildcats!

McKenziek
Explorer
Explorer
randot wrote:
Straykats wrote:
Not sure how to paste a link to this site but you can probably copy and paste this link to your browser
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voltage-Toy-Hauler/174877899198538?sk=wall&filter=2
Went to Facebook and typed in Voltage Toy Hauler, comes right up.
We also are getting the Epic package and looking forward to hearing from other owners on this question.

FYI on the info part of this facebook page: This Facebook page is not affiliated with Dutchmen RV or Voltage Toyhaulers

The Voltage Page is all mine. Unaffiliated with Dutchman so you get real experiences by real owners.

In 2011 the Voltage was the hottest Toy Hauler available(and still is IMO). But I think they were caught offguard with the demand and let quality slip. I believe they stepped up and addressed the problems. Also catch my review here. You will get an earful about the 2011 issues.

Voltage Review Part 1

Voltage review Part 2
2005 Monaco Diplomat

atfulldraw
Explorer
Explorer
Quality control is still in the crapper.....

Ours went back to the factory for 75 days and still isn't fixed. The end result is that they don't know what the problem is with the slides and therefore can't really fix them.

Prior to that, I dealt with five different people at Voltage. We went from "take it to the dealer, they can fix it"
to "drive it to another dealer six hours away"
to "just bring it to the factory"
to "we'll come pick it up"
to "we're sending a guy from the factory to fix it"

Still wondering what is next .....I keep finding that they didn't address some of the items on the list that we discussed prior to the trailer going back to the factory. Yesterday, the toilet valve that was leaking into the bowl filled the toilet and started to flood the bathroom. I guess I should mention that this was on the list to be fixed at the factory, but guess what.......

Typical story of a typical problem. My generator made an intermittent knocking sound. As we reviewed the list of problems as they were preparing to send the trailer back to me, I realized that they had done nothing to correct the generator problem and demanded that they fix the problem with the generator before sending the trailer back. They listened to it at the factory and declared that there was nothing wrong with it. I explained that they were either going to fix the noise or replace the generator. The service manager then decided to play tough guy with me and stated they would NOT replace the generator and that it was not making any noise. I had recorded a video with the sound and sent a copy of the video to Onan, and posted it here on rv.net. Onan emailed me back and said that it was obviously the fuel pump and that they had been to the voltage factory and had now replaced the pump and serviced the unit. Frustrating.....but at least that is now fixed.

Love the trailer, but the customer service and lack of quality control makes me want to pull my hair out.
2013 Voltage 3905
2012 Ford 350 King Ranch DRW 4x4
3 Lacy Dogs, Kayaks, Polaris Ranger, Fly rods, kitchen sink

aarondeere
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a 2012 3600 epic and are planning a trip next week. So far so good. We picked it up on a rainy day and haven't seen any leaks. Also pressure washed it and saw no leaks. Only problem so far is a faulty fan blower on the electric fire place. The manufacturer is sending parts and will line up a tech to install it. Wouldn't have been caught at the factory since the blower shuts down after a half hour use. Overall very happy so far. Quality control seems much higher than my previous 2005 Citation.
Aaron
2010 Dodge 3500
2012 Voltage 3600 Epic

randot
Explorer
Explorer
Straykats wrote:
Not sure how to paste a link to this site but you can probably copy and paste this link to your browser
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voltage-Toy-Hauler/174877899198538?sk=wall&filter=2
We also are getting the Epic package and looking forward to hearing from other owners on this question.

FYI on the info part of this facebook page: This Facebook page is not affiliated with Dutchmen RV or Voltage Toyhaulers
2012 Ford F350 Super Duty
2013 Voltage 3200 EPIC II
Two GSDs and toys

Straykats
Explorer
Explorer
Voltage Facebook Page
2011 SD Ford F350 6.71 V8 Diesel 4x4
2013 Dutchmen 3200 Voltage

randot
Explorer
Explorer
We picked-up our 3200 EPIC in mid-December to live in part-time in Tacoma. We are very happy with the layout and final choice we made but, that said, we have had several issues mainly with leaking slides. Because we live in the unit, it makes it very difficult to take for service (twice since we bought it.) We purchased in Oregon so we take the TH for service in Kent, WA. They replaced the motors on both slides and siliconed countless screw-heads that were broken-off. We found out then that the wheels had a recall and the parts were ordered for that. Another ladder was also ordered since the last rung bent (poor design). Oh, we emptied the black tank the first time before we took it for its first service and found a leak in the basement - that was a loose black-tank flush fitting. Also, the outlet under the drop-down counter leaf came out of the cabinet and that was fixed.
The second service was to address continued slide leaks (it rains a little bit in Tacoma) and to replace the wheel caps and ladder. It should have been a red flag when we had our PDI in Oregon and they picked-up the cardboard box of the air-mattress under the bed and the box was wet and there was some mold growing on the carpet. They cleaned this up and we came to the conclusion that the box may have been damp when it was put under the bed and since Eugene, OR gets a little rain too it had no time to dry-out. We consider all the incidents pretty minor except for the slide leaks. When you have your PDI, IMHO, please check under the bed for mold, that little box the coffee table goes in and the carpet around the slides for any signs of water damage.
We picked-up our TH last Tuesday and we are leak-free as of now. We look forward to going someplace fun this summer and are still happy with our decision. Hope this helps.
2012 Ford F350 Super Duty
2013 Voltage 3200 EPIC II
Two GSDs and toys

Quick_Sand
Explorer
Explorer
My slides still don't work as good as they should but we have learned to live with it.
2015 Renegade Classic Volvo D16
2015 RZR 1000 Magnum Offroad #553
2014 RZR 570 Magnum Offroad #437
2012 RZR 570 Holz #553
2014 Trophy Kart JR-Mod #437
2011 RZR 900 Turbo

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
Just took delivery of a 2012 3600. Looks good, everything seems to work OK, but have not been able to take it on a shakedown camping trip yet.

2011 was first year, and I have understood that they worked out bugs for the 2012 year. Ours is an Epic, great features. I will try to find the facebook page. Is it under Voltage? I am not very facebook friendly!! LOL