cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fifthwheel batteries

SDM
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at 2-12 volt Exide 27mdc batteries. They are deep cycle and not starting. We do a small amount of camping using a generator. how do the Exide batteries hold up compared to Interstate?
20 REPLIES 20

ChuckSteed
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my group 24 batteries with two Costco 6 volt golf cart batteries

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I got tired of medium quality batteries. I went with 2 decay batteries. Great quality and power. I've had them in for several years. I hardly ever have to water them. One thing that helps is running generator once per month. Great batteries.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Personally, I'd opt for 2 6v golf cart batteries, instead. They are =true= deep cycle, meaning they can be repeatedly be drawn down to low levels and recharged without damage. Not many 12v batteries can stand this and, of those that can, they are =expensive=. 2 6v golf cart batteries from Sam's/Costco and a cross-over cable should run you right around $200-225.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had no issues with the Exide or Interstate batteries we've had in the past, either will provide good service if they are properly charged and well maintained. We purchase all vehicle and RV batteries from Samsclub as they have the best prices in our area, I don't really pay attention to the label or badging since I have a multi-phase smart charging converter on our rig that will keep them very happy and performing at their peak. We leave our rig plugged in 24/7 when stored in our sideyard.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Everyone likes to buy a brand but read the specs before buying anything. Cram as many amp hours as possible into the battery compartment. Group 27 batterys are better than the stupid little group 24s the builders usually install.

If space allows, get a pair of group 31s, a single 4D, or even an 8D if there is room.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
I probably should have gone with two batteries when I switched last summer. Had one new Interstate battery the came with the unit new in August. Unfortunately the factory or dealer only installed a 505mca battery which imo is puny at best and won't keep up with the large fridge with circulation fan that's always running. Also starts the onboard generator or should I say wouldn't after boondocking for about 5 hours. I found the biggest mca battery I could afford and switched them out. Happy days.
Interstate batteries are good as any but make sure they have the guts to keep you going. They do make some small ones that will still sell because their name is on the side.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax