cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firestone tires

rjdlooking
Explorer
Explorer
Well here we go again had st235/80r/16 on my trailer 2007 Montana. So far this trip have had 3 blowouts. Need I say not happy. Tires are less than 2 yr old and only about 3000 miles. Did a lot of damage to the trailer but it was all cosmetic thank god. All the tires had 80 psi so under inflating was not the problem. They are firestone tires or shouuld I say were.
25 REPLIES 25

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Freestar tires are just another junk Chinese brand. They are not affiliated with Firestone in any way.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
I run Firestone TransForce LT 235 80r 16 on my Keystone 34 ft Everest and have at least 22 thousand miles on them with absolutely no problems. I never run an ST tire.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
buy maxxis and you won,t have this problem.

NO - *DON'T* buy Maxxis (unless you needed 15" tires)..:R..:(

Spend some time using the search feature..;)

HOURS of reading -and info- for *quality* LT replacement for your 235/80 ST China Bombs.

XPS Ribs, BF Goodrich, etc.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
buy maxxis and you won,t have this problem.

Dannyabear1
Explorer
Explorer
Buy real Firestone LT tires in appropreate size and carry on.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
donn0128 wrote:
Maybe you should consider installing LT tires for a change.
At least something that's not cheap junk faux Firestone.
rjdlooking wrote:
they are FREESTAR sold by the firestone store in Yuma AZ never again will I buy them. Made in china.
Perhaps you should change your post title to say that. Lots of folks on here read only the subject line, or at best the first post. Yeah, I know.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
What size and weight is your trailer, including GAWR? Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ohhhhh, so they are NOT Firestone tires? Freestar tires made in China sold by whole bunch of different tire stores. Just more ST junk. Maybe you should consider installing LT tires for a change.

rjdlooking
Explorer
Explorer
they are FREESTAR sold by the firestone store in Yuma AZ never again will I buy them. Made in china.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
They do not! Maybe Freestar? Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
What model? I did not know Firestone made an ST tire??????