cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Trip Of the Season

Bighorns
Explorer
Explorer
Headed out Friday afternoon to the Black Hills of South Dakota, only 1 1/2 hours from home. Had made reservations at campground a couple of weeks ago with full hook ups. Told them the length of the fifth wheel (39 ft. Overall length), number of slide outs etc. when we made reservations. Arrived at site and they directed us to our space. Pulled into space which was barely able to be accomplished because the campground was so tight, get out to look at what it will take to get leveled up. Tried 6 inches under wheels and the bubble on level hadn't budged and would probably take another 8 to 12 inches to get it level. Also noticed that i would not be able to get my slides all of the way out. Talked to manager about having to use so much leveling blocks and if they had another more level space available. He did not have any others available and wondered why I was so concerned about having to block it up so much. At that point I just told him I would like my money back and I would go find another campground. He would not refund my money because he saw no problem with the space. The DW did a good job at keeping me from going ballistic and made me get in the truck and leave. Went down the road about 30 miles and found another well accommodating campground with level spots. Ended up having a very nice weekend after the initial problem. Will not return to the first place or recommend it!!
2011 Duramax 3500HD Dually
2012 Keystone Cougar 330RBK
5 REPLIES 5

Bighorns
Explorer
Explorer
The place is called Mystic Hills Campground outside of Deadwood. I never have looked at the rvparkreviews.com The leveling I needed was from side to side so I didn't feel comfortable putting that many blocks under one side. The place was also crawling with ATV's going as fast as they can so that didn't impress me. I ride ATV's but I don't go as fast as I can in the campgrounds and around other people. I do know that I won't return there.
2011 Duramax 3500HD Dually
2012 Keystone Cougar 330RBK

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the place just south of Rapid City on US 16.

Great views, good location, but the camping sites were anything but level.

Mind you, don't know for sure here. So many possibilities in that area.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

rattleNsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
What is the name of this campground?? Good news spreads fast, bad news even faster.
2010 Cedar Creek 34SATS (The Beast) & 20k Curt Q20 roller slider hitch
2006 Ford F350 SRW,SC Powerstroke diesel Lariat

2003 Harley Heritage Softail (Hogzilla)
and a wifey with tons of patience....

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like an RV park to me. Most of the time I only put blocks under the tires to level from side to side. I will use the front legs to level from front to rear. If you extend the motorized portion of the front legs first, you can lower the front quite a bit.

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
Inquiring minds may want to know so as to avoid the same situation you did in the future. Where did this occur? Do you frequent rvparkreviews.com?
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax