cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

forest river 5th wheel question

batavia02
Explorer
Explorer
Question to all, is there a difference between the various forest river 5 th brands, I.e such as the cardinal, blue ridge ,sierra, silverback , I know the palomino is a different division of forest river , and I am sure I have left out a brand or 2. I know the cardinal is supposed to be higher end , but is there really a difference or is it just basically cosmetic and details. Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Oakman
Explorer
Explorer
The Silverback is well-built and offers a lot for the price point. The construction offers an all-aluminum superstructure on 16 inch centers or less along with hung wall construction, the same as their higher end Cedar Creek models.

Hereโ€™s an article about the Silverback 29IK in the RV Lifestyle magazine. http://www.rvlifemag.com/component/k2/item/518-cedar-creek-silverback-29ik

LOL, pay no attention to the tow vehicle they used for their road test. I do have to wonder why those chose a Tundra pickup for the tow vehicle since the Silverback line of fifth wheels has never been advertised as half-ton towable.
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab, 4X4, Shortbed, 6.4 Diesel
Reese 16K Kwik Slide
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
Honda 2000i generator
Rand McNally 5510 GPS

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
The whole Forest Rivers thing is a bit confusing when it comes to this stuff. Cedar Creek is a product of Forest Riverts, but Silverback is a product of Cedar Creek. The Silverback is supposed to be the lower end version of the Cedar Creek, but if you do a walk through it is really hard to find much difference.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

batavia02
Explorer
Explorer
Great answers thanks for the help they will definatly help our descion

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Sandpiper and Sierra are built on the same line using identical floor plans. Only difference is colors of interior and exterior. Love our Sandpiper and currently looking at the 360 PDEK.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
IMO Cardinal is tops in that list. Silverback 2nd. A tie between the others. Pretty easy to figure out once you read the online brochures and see what each one offers as far as construction and amenities.

rtazz17
Explorer
Explorer
Better cosmetics,details fixtures etc.Yes there are differences.Those are the things that makes anything higher end then the other.And so goes the price as well.

Houstonkid
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Primetime RV, owned by FR but a separate entity if you will. We are on our 2nd one (upgraded from TT to 5'er) and love it.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Not to annoy anyone here but yes I believe there is a difference in all brands mentioned much like GMC has different levels of cars so does Forest River in campers. I could rate them in my opinion but that might not be the same as others so I always feel the best choice in a rv is what YOU like and what YOU can afford, I know that's not the answer you were really looking for. For what it's worth Forest River does stand behind their product but as with most rv companies you might have to work at resolving issues. Good luck on your search.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.