cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Bunkhouse fifth wheel

LIKE2BUILD
Explorer
Explorer
We're considering moving up to a 5er. We've had a quad bunk TT for 12 years but we're thinking it's time to upgrade a bit and move to a fifth wheel. I have plenty of truck (just need to watch pin weight due to SRW) so the options should be pretty open.

We definitely want to stay with a bunkhouse RV. Our 2 younger boys (10 and 😎 will be in the house for quite a while and the convenience of bunks is wonderful. In the past I've seen several models that put the bunks in the front, after all, why not have the kids climb the stairs. But in my recent searches I haven't found all that many options.

The Jayco Eagle HT 29.5FBDS seems like a pretty good option. Although it might be a little bit on the small side, it looks like a nice layout.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a FRONT BUNK 5er? Rear bunks might be okay, but I'm kind of stuck on the front bunk idea....that is unless there is another bunk layout that is just phenomenal.

Thanks, I appreciate any suggestions.

KJ
'14 Ram 2500|Crew Cab Long Bed|4X4|Cummins
Curt Q20 with Ram 5th Wheel Prep
2000 Crownline 205BR
1997 Ranger Comanche 461VS
'01 Polaris Virage TX PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (21, 15, & 13)
1 forgiving wife!!!
19 REPLIES 19

RWalt
Explorer
Explorer
Our sons used to ask for the bunk beds but after seeing the amount of these take up we choice the rear bed rm with the front living rm. The boys like having the fireplace and flat screen in their space.
2013 Ford CC SB 4X4 6.7
50 gal Titan fuel cell
2013 Alpine 3495

Cdash
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at the Eagle HT front bunk model. The deal killer for us was no basement. You get the compartment in the front between the landing legs, but the floor step down is closer to the front which prevents the large pass through storage accessible from both sides that is really nice to have. That was a deal killer for us.

Will be going with the 29.5 bhds if the year end bonus meets expectations.

LIKE2BUILD
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Forrest River 337FB

Wildcat 33FB

Keystone Springdale 320FWFB

Thank you for digging those up. Maybe I've just used the wrong search terms, but none of those three turned up in the searches I've done so far. Mostly I've been kicked over to the Forrest River or Keystone web sites where they have about 10 different brands listed on each web site. Then I seem to keep getting lost in the images of floorplans.

KJ
'14 Ram 2500|Crew Cab Long Bed|4X4|Cummins
Curt Q20 with Ram 5th Wheel Prep
2000 Crownline 205BR
1997 Ranger Comanche 461VS
'01 Polaris Virage TX PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (21, 15, & 13)
1 forgiving wife!!!

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I've been kind of looking around at those too. There aren't many models out there. Look for a 2015 Jayco 31.5 FBHS. They've discontinued that model in the 2016 lineup and only make the HT version you've listed in the OP. Maybe you can find a left over model. I (think) Jayco only makes this model every few years. I've been meaning to call and see if it'll be back in 2017. You can still view the specs on Jaycos website if you look at the archive section.
I agree the HT 29ft version would be a little small and not worth the switch. Also when I was comparing the two models there were lots of smaller upgrades with the full Eagle model.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

I think you will be limited due to roof clearance... As that is already the highest point of the RV..
** On edit ** after a fast Google search I only found a couple other than the Jayco . . BUT I did not look hard

Forrest River 337FB

Wildcat 33FB

Keystone Springdale 320FWFB
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet