cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gearbox Stereo Controls

azjdubya
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, new to the forum. I'm hoping some gearbox owners out there can help me out...

I just purchased a '07 Gearbox 335, and when the seller went through it with me he really couldn't explain the stereo to me. I understand stereos well enough, but I was trying to figure out how to switch the speakers inside to outside or both. Currently all 4 inside speakers and the 2 outside speakers are always on. Is there a way to control which are on?

Not sure the model, but it is a Kenwood stereo. It has an additional junction box for the TV/DVD sound.

FWIW, I did look through the manual, but didn't see anything that clearly described what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give!
4 REPLIES 4

Braveheart
Explorer
Explorer
azjdubya wrote:
Well that seems ridiculously obvious to try the fade haha!

Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you for your help, I'll give it a try tomorrow night.

:S

My gearbox has a switch near the entrance door cluster panel of switches for the inside/outside lights, bed lift, etc. that turns on and off the outside speakers. I bought a new radio with and a,b, and c speaker option. I put two inside speakers on A, two other inside speakers on B and the outside two on C. I then disabled the switch from fleetwood.
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ
2005 Fleetwood Gearbox 300FS
2012 RZR 4 800
Fight On!

azjdubya
Explorer
Explorer
Well that seems ridiculously obvious to try the fade haha!

Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you for your help, I'll give it a try tomorrow night.

:S

dedmiston
That's not an easy question. Some rigs come with wiring for outdoor speakers or even have the speakers installed, but the wiring isn't connected to the head unit. So the functionality of the controls could depend on the goof who wired it up. I wired mine so that the fader would control the inside/outside levels. The only problem with this is that I can't fade between the front bedroom and the kitchen because I had to connect ALL of the inside speakers together.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Bedlam
Typically the fader control is what adjusts inside and outside speakers. Most are wired with front inside and rear outside.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD