cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Goodyear Marathons ?

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
My previous 5th wheel came with Goodyear Marathons. I did have issues with 2 of them after 3 years of use. They were made in China.
Not able to find any ST tires made outside of China I went with LT tires.
I now see post here suggesting there are now Goodyear Marathons made in the USA.
What is the current status of the Marathins, can you get US made tires from Goodyear?
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch
34 REPLIES 34

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
The majority of us feel the LTs are the better choice. A number of good options there.

Yes - we elected BB_TX as the speaker of the house......NOT :R
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Lot's of folk use the LT tire. I have used Goodyear Marathons for many years with no problems to report.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
The majority of us feel the LTs are the better choice. A number of good options there.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Goodyear is a really big tire company with manufacturing plants around the globe. They from time to time produce Marathons in different plants depending of production slot availability. This can vary by tire size also. So because say a 15" was produced somewhere other than china does not mean other sizes are also. They only make about two runs per year of each size. Also according to Goodyear all tires are equal in quality or lack of it and it is not dependent on were it is manufactured. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why would you want to? GY Marathons, or all ST tires for that matter are honestly junkbuilt and tested to a much lower standard. LT tires are the way to go IF you have 16 inch wheels and 6K axles. 7K axle trailers really should upgrade to 17.5 inch wheels and true commercial trailer tires