cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Design Reflection 303

juniorz
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at getting one of these, does anyone have this model? Any pro's and cons?
How well are they made?
How well does the heat and AC work? Does it cool down the unit?
Anyone have any warranty issues?

Thanks
Mike
24 REPLIES 24

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
pipers family wrote:
How about those Westlake tires- any issues with them from the Grand Design owners OR anyone else??
We didn't want to worry so we had dealer install Maxxi's before we took delivery. We paid extra of course but we felt it was well worth the expense.

pipers_family
Explorer
Explorer
How about those Westlake tires- any issues with them from the Grand Design owners OR anyone else??

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
We are very happy with our 303. As others said, heat and A/C are fine. The coldest weather was 40s at night, no problem. The only time the single AC struggled was parked in direct sun with temps in upper 90s. Typically keeping the rig 20 degrees cooler than outside is no problem.

We had one minor problem, but as others said Grand Design customer service is outstanding.

Check out the owners forum.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

Justaguy
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 337 also and have had it going on 1 year and 10,000 miles- 105 nights. We have stayed warm and comfortable in 5 degree/ ice storm (1/4 inch entombed the rig) and have stayed cool/dry in the humid Smokey Mountains and the plains of South Dakota. (2 ACs ducted)

Just put on Maxxis tires for our Winter trip in a few weeks. The only trouble we had was the Atwood Helium refer had some issues but Grand Design and dealer fixed w/out question. The Solora/Lippert awning had an issue pulling out on the first builds and that was quickly corrected. I hear they have got the bugs worked out but still (like any unit) do a thorough PDI...and buy local!! Makes a difference when/if warranty work is needed. JMHO

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gsport wrote:
I've got a GD Solitude 369RL with about 10,000 miles on it. Very happy with it. You can't go wrong with any Grand Design product..
Westlake tires????
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

SkiSmuggs
Explorer
Explorer
They seem to be much better insulated than my Cougar High Country and that has my attention.
2015 F350 XLT PSD 6.7 Crew Cab, Andersen Ultimate hitch
2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS 5th wheel, Mor/Ryde pinbox, 300w of solar

Gsport
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a GD Solitude 369RL with about 10,000 miles on it. Very happy with it. You can't go wrong with any Grand Design product..

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I own the next size up, the 337RLS, but they are very similar rigs. I've had some quality problems that were mostly due to supplier issues. But everytime there is a problem, Grand Design gets involved and makes sure that it is properly repaired. For the most part though, it's been pretty reliable. We get by with the single AC although when we were in New Orleans and Houston this summer, we wish we'd had the second one. The heater and fire place work great.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
We own one and love it (2015 303) They have the very best customer service! We live in CA but bought ours at Windish RV in Longmont, CO.We had second air added because we travel,and live, in hotter climate; one air would not be sufficient for our travels. The heater works almost too well. We find that using the fireplace works for us when we are in main living quarters. Right now we are camped along N. CA coast for Christmas and have mostly used fireplace to stay comfortably warm. We did have warranty issue with wheel bearing seals but they covered the work fully. We have put about 5,000 miles on our rig and that has been the only issue. You are welcome to PM us anytime if you have more questions. I would also recommend you check out the Grand Design forum;you will get a lot of good information and feedback from other Grand Design owners. Good luck to you.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer