cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gray Water Won't Drain!

dave14117
Explorer
Explorer
Our 05 Cougar 5'er seems to be plugged up on the gray side. Sink backing up, tank gauge shows E. Drain valve appears to be working. Not sure what's going on. Anyone seen this?
Thanks,

Dave
7 REPLIES 7

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 5th wheel with an enclosed underbelly as well. Has one of those long handles with cable for operating tank valves. After receiving an unexpected black tank surprise when I removed the cap to drain the tank, I decided to put another valve right at the cap. This way I can prevent another surprise should the cable valve have an issue like it did. If they are partially open or stuck you will have the same thing happen to you. Ordered a valterra valve assembly off amazon and used abs glue to install it. I used a grinder to grind off the little nubs that the cap secures to and then applied the glue to the new valve and installed it. Make sure to use abs glue and not pvc or cpvc. most rvs will use black abs plastic and it says abs on the pipe.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
dave14117 wrote:
Never mind. It's a new trailer for us. We just realized there's a SECOND tank for gray; with its own drain (carefully hidden). Ok no

Don't you wish all problems were that easy (and cheap) to solve?

Yup.
At least you didn't have a TT where they put the 'wrong labels' above the valves. I watched a poor single lady with 3 kids fight that problem for hours. Couldn't understand why the black tank wouldn't drain. She was pulling on the wrongly labeled gray and that one was empty. :R

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

cwillis
Explorer
Explorer
Have 2010 Dutchmen Denali Grey tank waste valve may need replacing as it is hard to open and close> Seems like valve may not be opening all the way as it drains slowly. Have tried to lube valve rod but did not seem to help.
Also the belly is enclosed and valves are inside belly any way to locate the valves without dropping the belly.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
dave14117 wrote:
Never mind. It's a new trailer for us. We just realized there's a SECOND tank for gray; with its own drain (carefully hidden). Ok no

Don't you wish all problems were that easy (and cheap) to solve?

dave14117
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks,

Dave

dave14117
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks,

Dave

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sink backing up...drain valve appears to work?

Have you removed the 'P' trap under sink and check it/drain line for blockage?

Otherwise.....drain valve maybe isn't working
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31